The End of an Era

Discussion in 'Farewells' started by CDriscoll, Dec 30, 2016.

1. Ragman

Ragman hool-moh-goh-bow-bigga-bogga-walnum-bodgish-misjoo Banned VIP+

CD, this is unexpected to say the least.

We may not have seen eye to eye 100% of the time but it was great working with you when we did and I am extremely grateful for the things you have done here and the chances you gave me. Don't ever stop pushing for change when its needed. I expect to still see you doing good things around here as an advisor.

Take it easy man, and thank you.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2016
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Solar

Solar El Dorado VIP

Hey CD, I never really knew you personally, but I have seen what you have done for our community and for that, thanks and appreciation is much in place. You have my utmost respect, congrats on being Advisor.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Fuzzy Slug

Fuzzy Slug The Slug Army VIP Emerald

The end of the Compact Disk era.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  4. Kythol

Kythol ok Moderator VIP

It's a sad day for SGmod. Giraffe and CD. Two of the people I respected the most. Good luck with everything going forward CD, and I hope to see you around on the forums still.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  5. Wow I never thought I would live to see the day CD leaves. When I first join this community in summer I herd nothing of great things, when I was around you I witnessed those great things. You did so much for this community and I say thank you, and whatever comes next in your journey good luck and you will be missed.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Azaelus

Azaelus I want to break free VIP Silver Emerald

At least he'll still be watchin' over us

You did a damn good job CD, take a breather.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Koishi

Koishi Killer Queen VIP

cdris, i never thought i'd say this but, you were a pretty good lead, perhaps even good enough to rival sinz as the best lead imo, maybe its because youre the first friendly guy i knew around here when i first joined in 2014, thank you so much for being a nice guy and putting the friendly impression of the community into me, thank you for your service as a leadmin
    [​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  8. Paradox

Paradox The One Eyed Ghoul Banned Elite

Rip in pizza old friend I've known you for how long? Since 2014, farewell also @CDriscoll bring back that really old profile pic :sneaky:. Good luck.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. oh no

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  10. Wow, it's sad to see you go, hope we can still talk, man.

Best wishes.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. shanty

shanty Bronze

Didn't know you that much but I did like you.

Have fun :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Desert

Desert Nein! Nein! Nein! VIP

I never really got the chance to speak to you myself, but I could tell from others who have that you are an amazing and very honorable person, I'm glad you are sticking with us as an Advisor, we can really use your wisdom. Thank you for your dedication and compassion for the community

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. My Dime Is Up

My Dime Is Up Its my dime to code VIP

Though I've never been staff and been able to meet you much, I know you fulfilled you role very well and did everything you possibly could. You served 2 years as a Lead Admin, I don't think Muffin even lasted that long (I think). Hope to see you around again man.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  14. Rozboon

Rozboon Forgive and Forget, or just forget. VIP

Oh how opinions change when its in the eye of the public.

Anyways, cya around CD, and I know the real reason you resigned.

[​IMG]

Protect him with your life!

• Like x 3
    • Dumb x 3
    • Funny x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Old x 1
  15. john redcorn

john redcorn strangers like me VIP Emerald

Been putting off commenting on this for awhile, kind of a lot to take in to realize that both the admin I was under and lead I was under resigned back to back.

In my eyes, you did great CD. You truly did some good work for our community you had a great passion for several years, I'll miss seeing you in orange. Stay beautiful and make sure to listen to your father over that intercom.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Harry Potter

Harry Potter The Boy Who Lived VIP Emerald Bronze

Jeez I go away for a week and find out that one of the oldest active staff member resigns I remember the days when you were a moderator. I always thought of you as a friend sad to see you go.

17. Amatsu

Amatsu Emerald

We've had our disagreements in the past. Many, if I recall. But I have always respected your status as Lead Admin. Whoever replaces you better know the bar has been set extremely high and better strive to be just as good as you.

• Like Like x 1
  18. ZaneLoehr (Masochist Ver.)

ZaneLoehr (Masochist Ver.) Warehouse 13 Next Generation VIP

The Legend steps down, No one I respect here more than you man. Take it easy

My description will never change

• Old Old x 2