(SPOILERS) Game of Thrones discussion

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Wex, Apr 25, 2016.

1. Captain Obvious

Captain Obvious Regular Member

THE CAKE IS A LIE ....

2. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

Its confirmed that the scenes are not happening instantly after eachother and can have months between them. I.E - Dany returning to Mereen, Cersei becoming Queen,

• Like Like x 1
  3. Gonz

Gonz Chill... VIP

There were Martell and Tyrell ships in the fleet. Tyrells were the green sails.

4. Carned

Yup saw it now.

5. paper

paper legends never die VIP Silver

i'm now reading theories that jon isn't a illegitimate child
    and if that's the case

doesn't that mean he's the rightful heir to the iron throne?
    even more than dani?

6. Sir Lemoncakes

Sir Lemoncakes Don't trust the other guy. The cake IS a lie. VIP

Yes. But Westros doesn't have the best track record of honoring the line of succession. Just look at Jon Snow being named the King in the North. Sansa was the heir to Robb by right. Or Renly Baratheon aiming to take the thrown for himself when Stannis was the rightful heir. Besides, the only person who was there with Ned Stark and witnessed what happened was Howland Reed, and he doesn't exactly seem to be a major player in the show (although he might be soon).

What the show has shown us is that as long as you can back your claim by force of arms, lines of succession don't matter. Dany has 35,000 Tyrells. 10,000 Dornish, 40,000 Dothraki Screamers, 8,000 Unsullied, 2,000 Ironborn, and 3 dragons. Just to put that in perspective, Aegon the Conqueror had 5,000 men and 3 dragons when he took the 7 kingdoms to begin with. So Dany's claim is by far the strongest given her overwhelming strength.

More likely Bran will reunite with Jon and tell hin both his true birth, and his real name (Aegon Targaryen) which could lead to him marrying Dany and taking his place on the Iron Throne as the King Consort. Sansa will be named Lord Paramount of the North, and Bran will continue to play the role of time traveling tree wizard. Oh, and Tyrion will be named Lord Paramount of the Westerlands.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Sir Lemoncakes

Oh, and it was never confirmed that she married Rhaegar Targaryen. So it is very possible he is still a bastard after all. Just not Ned's bastard.

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. daddy

daddy おじいちゃんファック VIP Bronze

im sorry but did anyone burst out laughing hysterically at the window scene with tommen

i mean yeah when you think about it, its heartbreaking, he just watched everyone and everything he cared about get blown up, he put down his crown and walked out the window without hesitation

but the way he did it was so unexpected, easily one of my favorite deaths in the series while staying true to cersei's prophecy

fuck the king
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. Miller

Miller VIP

Actually didn't Robb legitimize Jon so technically he is the rightful heir in his will? But I guess they didn't really know that.

10. Han

Han       VIP

Something I realized earlier but forgot to mention:

If Tommen hadn't outlawed trial by combat, zombie mountain would have won for Cersei and the whole affair wouldn't have increased to the drastic level of wildfire in a public place. Tommen ultimately forced Cersei's hand to aforementioned drastic measures, and in a way caused his own death.

11. Sir Lemoncakes

In a letter which none one has or knows about. But yes, if the letter was found it would make him the legitimate heir.

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  12. Ragman

Ragman hool-moh-goh-bow-bigga-bogga-walnum-bodgish-misjoo Banned VIP+

Me and tommen are on the same wavelength when it comes to margaery. Man they killed my queen.

All in all we can gather extreme shit is gonna go down next season.

What's people's thoughts on the three headed dragon being daenerys, Jon and Tyrion? I reckon it could be credible but highly unlikely. Would be amazing if it happened though

13. Carned

Nothing good ever happens to hands of the King/Queen soooo

14. Chastity4lyfe

Chastity4lyfe *Eye roll* VIP Silver

Honestly - I thought last weeks episode was fking amazing...this week's was just.... I can't really process it. Basically everything @Carned said was 100% what I thought too.

BUT I also was thinking once Cersei was crowned queen:
    [​IMG]
    They are fucked.. but i'm looking forward to the next season like holy shit..

15. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

Just got around to watching this episode. Best season finale.

Tommen was eh. We knew he was gonna die from the first episode of the season when Cersei mentioned the prophecy.

I mean besides Margaery's death, everyone else who died was practically a villain (Frey, High Sparrow, the Maester, etc.), or didn't matter, so hell yeah

Surprised Jaime didn't manage to get himself killed

#TheNorthRemembers #TheKingOfTheNorth

Was not expecting Arya at all in that scene. I was giggling at how fucking pleased I was watching that.

Dunno where Sam's story is going. I preferred him with Jon. Also sucks Sam still thinks Jon is the warden.

Ending: Thatsalotofships.jpg.url

16. Wex

Wex The enemy of art is the absence of limitations VIP Bronze

Bringing this thread back.

The scene with Ayra and the Lannisters is pretty subtle yet powerful. It's teaching us that not all Lannisters aren't all bad. They're just boys sent into war by their fathers. They've been dehumanised by the actions of the Lannister soldiers in King's Landing, some of which were led by Cersei and Jaime Lannister back in Season 1-3.

Ayra was probably considering to slaughter all of them until one of them spoke out and showed kindness. Hope she doesn't end up slaughtering them in the next episode.

17. Carned

Pretty sure the trailer for next week shows Nymeria in the river lands I think she will attack the Lannister and Arya will have to choose who she saves

• Like Like x 1
  18. ink

ink Genuine Happiness VIP Silver

I'm not sure if you guys noticed too, but the two people that The Hound buries are the ones that he betrayed to take food and shelter from when he was with Arya at their home back in season 4. He told her they'd die winter come and they did. That scene just shows how a lot of the innocent people are no longer going to matter in the fight this winter.

Winter has come.

19. Chris

Chris Custom Title VIP Bronze

Yeah, picked that up straight away, powerful stuff!

So, why has no one mentioned the Giants? Like holy.... That's going to be a spectacle to watch!

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

This episode was pretty bland for a season premiere. The part with the Frey's and Arya was badass (but I mean, it's Arya so that goes without saying)

Otherwise, just a lot of set-up. And Ed Sheeran. And dragon glass stuff.