Slay warning notification

Discussion in 'TTT Suggestions' started by Mr. Disco, Jan 14, 2017.

1. Mr. Disco

Mr. Disco Jeff Lynne is a musical genius. VIP

Me and Pacifist both agree that the "you have a slay, don't leave" is annoying.

Maybe allow users to X it off (because if you X it off you would have seen it) the constant flicker just bothers me, and I'm not really used to it, and it's hard to get used to it when you don't get slain often because you know the rules.

For the slay notification after you've been killed, maybe we could have it show how many slays you have remaining in one of the bottom corners(or top???)

But really just allow users to X it off. It's super bothersome, and it really just makes people want to tab out and not look at it.

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Dean W.

Dean W. Half-Blood Cringe Kid VIP Silver

Meh. I don't think it's that bad. It's a good warning and it stops the "I DIDN'T KNOW I HAD A SLAY" excuse when someone has been banned.
    I think it's perfectly fine in my honest opinion.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Salem

Salem VIP

I would be fine with it being edited somehow where you can still see it. But I do think the notification needs to be there as @Dean W. mentioned, it stopped the "I didnt know I had a slay" excuse.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. Mr. Disco

If you X that means you looked at it, saw the X, and moved your mouse over, and saw it. I don't want a red blinking thing on my screen. It bothers me and makes me WANT to leave so I can fix the thing.

You can't use the excuse "didn't know I had a slay" if you have to look at it to x it off.

It's the most visible where it is right now in my opinion. It's fine how it is. Except it's bothering because it doesn't stop blinking, and it doesn't go away.

If you X it off and have another slay, it appears the next round.

If you get a new slay assigned, it appears.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Santa Claus

Santa Claus Best Member VIP Bronze

someone could make a command that hides it with a bind, right?

6. Paradox

Paradox The One Eyed Ghoul Banned Elite

Neutral while it goes away after a while, it's helpful so I can't really make a decision at this time, if I change my stance i'll edit this. ;)

7. twitch.tv/echostorm2k ⚔️

twitch.tv/echostorm2k ⚔️ screwdriver Banned VIP Silver

It annoys the living fuck out of me huge +1

8. PixeL

PixeL Man märker andras fel och glömmer sina egna Banned VIP Silver

I mean, you could add an X to it to exit it... or why not just remove the blinking thing?

9. alius

alius VIP

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. BorkWoof

BorkWoof VIP

I really just stay shift + tabbed the majority of a time I'm slain, and I don't really care about that notification. The "I don't know I had a slay excuse" would not be a problem either way because as Disco said, you need to see it to tick it off.

+1

11. Dean W.

Dean W. Half-Blood Cringe Kid VIP Silver

Or ya know simple fix : Don't get slain.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  12. Zikeji

Zikeji Repoleved VIP Emerald

It's a notification, but it's moreso a reminder. Having the ability to close it would be great. Extra points: log when it gets closed so we can extra-shame people who try to use the excuse.

13. My Dime Is Up

My Dime Is Up Its my dime to code VIP

How about a button to close it? I find it useful for people who watch videos and then come back. Instead of having to search through the chatbox, you can just see the notification on the screen.

I'd say just ad a button to dismiss the notification by holding "c" to make the GUI cursor active then just clicking the button.

+0.5

14. Solar

Solar El Dorado VIP

I'll have to agree that having a setting to disable it should be available.

15. Opalium

Opalium Stay Awesome Banned VIP Silver

Hey there. Thanks for the suggestion.
    When I was first creating this notification what I had in mind is making it very difficult to miss, while still allowing you to try and focus on the game itself. However, after it has been running for a while now, I agree that it's a bit too obtrusive. I am already looking into changing how it looks to make it less annoying.
    However, being able to X it is something I wish to avoid. I prefer changing the appearance over completely closing it everytime. This is, after all, suppose to be a constant notification. I know a lot of people who would just close any pop up immediately without even looking into it.

If you all have ideas on how can the appearance be improved, please let me know. I was thinking about compacting it into a smaller rectangle/square and place it closer to one of the corners. However, we also need to avoid hiding gameplay stuff behind it (kill log, voice chat boxes, etc) so consider this too.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Chai

Chai returned; VIP

Make it not blink. (y)

• Like Like x 4
  17. Goose

Goose Duck, Duck, Goose Motherfucker VIP

What about a 20 second timer (or less or more) on a pop up (before you can close it) displayed the soonest it can when a player is both dead or spectator and going to be slain?

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  18. Mr. Disco

Thanks @Opalium for your feedback & response. Here is my proposal for options.

The big problem with it is the fact that it is just there. It's something foreign to my screen. It is a bother in my opinion, and many others agree.

I suppose making it not blink would improve it.

I do wish though there was some way to close it. There's people who claim they didn't know they had a slay at all, that's true.

I sincerely wish you can find a way to allow people to close it, or minimize it.

Here's what I mainly hate about it, besides the fact it is just there.

I'm not used to it, and I probably won't get used to it.

It is far too long (length wise)

It blinks.

Honestly, I understand the colors, but the border color(red) bothers me, but it's meant to be an alert.

It is right there at the top of my screen where I am looking. This is where it should be, however, can you maybe allow people to customize it in the F1 Menu? I know it sounds stupid but I would like to move it around. The right spot would be different for everyone.

How about people are allowed to disable it in F1? If you leave with slays, you can't really say you didn't know you had slays. Because you are the one who disabled the alert. I would just really love it gone. Not trying to be cocky, but I never have had a problem with not knowing I had a slay. Or maybe we can change the time it stays on your screen? With a minimum of 30 seconds?

19. My Dime Is Up

My Dime Is Up Its my dime to code VIP

How about this? I'm gonna make it so you can hold C instead of having to open chat. It'll only show the curosr when holding C if you have the notification.

Thanks to @Opalium for letting me edit the code!

20. Mr. Disco

That's a lot better in my opinion. (edited)

Good work.