Serious DarkRP

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Fuzzy Slug, Dec 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fuzzy Slug

Fuzzy Slug The Slug Army VIP Emerald

Why not have Serious DarkRP? DarkRP is the most popular gamemode on garry's mod and im sure we will see a lot of new faces and supporters through it :)

• Old x 4
    • Dumb x 3
    • Disagree x 2
    • Dislike x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  2. Togo ✿

Togo ✿ Nobody Gets it VIP Silver

dark pony rp or bust

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

also the worst.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  4. Fuzzy Slug

gives you a lot more roleplay and living time then TTT. So it has its pros and cons.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  5. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

TTT would suck if it had those things though?

I can't think of a single actual pro to DarkRP.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  6. Fuzzy Slug

• Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  7. Zypther

Zypther #SuitUp VIP Bronze Iron

Have you heard of a thing called the search bar?????

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  8. Togo ✿

Togo ✿ Nobody Gets it VIP Silver

a what

• Optimistic Optimistic x 4
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  9. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

The time has changed. Our community loves to act like Internet trolls for some damn reason, so I wouldn't blame them if they wanted it.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2016
    • Agree x 3
    • Like x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Bad Spelling x 1
    • Dumb x 1
  10. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

Ok, you seem new here let me give you the run down.

Under no circumstances will darkRP be a realistic thing anytime within the immediate or near future. SGmod is still working on improving DR's popularity before expanding even more. Not to mention that darkRP has to go up against Prophunt as the next 'popular' game mode to add. You should try using the search bar before making a suggestion, or even a discussion about adding a DarkRP server. Just simply adding the highest powers in the community wouldn't get your point across any better than what you are doing right now since this has been discussed in the past. They just may brush over the thread and move on since they see no worth in this heavily discussed topic (in a different thread elsewhere which has already reached a conclusion) you're just adding a notification to the many they get a day.

But good luck anyway, it won't happen now so don't try to force it. Servers can't just magically appear over a night, week, or even a month.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  11. Zack

Zack Shepherd of Fire VIP

I have mixed feelings about Dark RP. I find the concept overall a bit whimsical and silly, but fun and interactive. The typical playerbase is what gives me pause, as for a decent span of time in my old community I staffed Dark RP and, often found myself punishing players for the same menial nonsense time and again. I'm all in favor of any new mode we add in, but I wouldn't push for this over Murder, or Prop Hunt. Popularity is a double edged sword.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Mr. Disco

Mr. Disco Jeff Lynne is a musical genius. VIP

Read my unorganized DarkRP rant!

If you want to know what roleplay looks like when it is done right, and not just the standard "downtown_V4_reworked" then check here http://thedivinityrp.net/forum/ and here http://superiorservers.co/

Everything is custom. To make a DarkRP that isn't completely bad, you need a good dev team. Not only that, you need a good rule set. Like there's some roleplay things like "must advert raid to raid" rule that makes no sense. In real life do you shout "ROBBERY, BREAKING IN, GET YOUR GUNS READY" Plus when someone says raid, people either just check their cameras, or just don't see it and ignore it.

If there was to be DarkRP, take it from me, don't allow admins and below to pick up players whenever they want. That's stupid. I hate being dragged across the fucking map in order to be put on a roof. Just give them access to !bring. Simple.

Anyway look no I don't want DarkRP as much as I love it. I served 3 months as admin on one server, 9 months as mod on Divinity. Great servers, and they know how to work DarkRP to make it good, and not horrid. Staff is fine, only complaints I have is racism is allowed roleplay wise, and people just abuse it sometimes and bend that rule. I don't like racism, and I don't like the feeling that someone feel like they're being targeted.

tl;dr I can see this server taking the standard route that makes DarkRP dull and common. I can see them adopting the shitty rules that other servers have, but just changing them. And not only that we don't have the developers to work on such a gamemode.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  13. RhazhBash

RhazhBash Professional Button Presser VIP

No

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  14. BlueGalaxy

BlueGalaxy VIP Emerald

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  15. sam.

sam. VIP

lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  16. Fuzzy Slug

@Robokiller87
    its just a suggestion its not like Im forcing anything to happen this very second. Its just a friendly discussion about the pros and cons of darkrp its not like I put it in General discussion for deathrun and TTT so its like im saying do it now or Im gonna be mad. lol no I just want a general fun discussion about it.

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  17. tz-

tz- feelin it VIP Emerald

prop hunt or nothing

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  18. Fuzzy Slug

@TeeZy
    okie, start up a Serious PropHunt Thread in the off topic section.
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  19. Santa Claus

Santa Claus Best Member VIP Bronze

I dont like RP -1

Last edited: Dec 12, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  20. Salem

Salem VIP

• Agree Agree x 2