Invalid Report against NoHackJustGood

Discussion in 'Deathrun Staff/Player Reports' started by Fregley, Jan 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fregley

Fregley ThErE aRe StOrIeS wAiTiNg To Be MaDe VIP Silver

Name of Staff/Player:
    NohackJustGood
    Steam ID of Staff/Player:
    not sure
    Your Steam ID:
    doesn't matter
    Which Map:
    sonic
    Which Round:
    I don't know
    Time of Occurence:
    Around 9:50 my time
    Reason for Report:
    Banned for 5 days, what happened to 8 hours? Lol.​
    Evidence And/Or Witnesses:

Last edited: Jan 14, 2017
  2. Darth Gorgamel

Darth Gorgamel A Dark Lord of the Sith VIP Emerald

3. NoHackJustGood

NoHackJustGood Hai :) VIP Silver

I have seen this report, and I will be responding with evidence and reasoning shortly. If you have any questions for me to answer, feel free to post them below. I would be more than happy to discuss these with you.

4. NoHackJustGood

I'll be providing my evidence and reasoning later this evening (working). I apologize for the delay.

5. NoHackJustGood

Hey @Prime,
    Thanks for taking time out of your day to file a report against me here on the forums. This is taken as a learning experience, and I will try to answer all of your questions to the best of my ability. Let's get into things!
    First of all, you have quite the ban history on the server. You have got banned for Spam on November 3rd, January 1st, and January 14th. Notice how all of these bans are less than three months apart. We have a rule that was implemented back in 2014. Any bans that are 3 months or older, with no bans in the period between, will now be ignored (excluding bans for hacking). The first ban I placed on you was an 8 hour ban (with clear history). The second ban I placed was a 24 hour ban. The duration of this ban is longer than the first; it hasn't been three months since your first ban expired. The third ban I placed (this ban) was a 5 day ban.
    Who decides on the duration of the ban?
    Moderators have a set of protocol that they have to follow. Let's go over that real fast:
    [​IMG]
    If you spam three times during one session, you will get banned for 8 hours (assuming you have a clear history). If you spam three times after getting banned, you will get banned for one day (only if three months hasn't passed since the expiration of your first ban). Also, keep in mind that this is not in the message of the day (!motd). If you spam three times after getting banned again, you will get banned from the server (one day by default), AND I would have to talk about a ban length with my administrator (@LadyLag).
    Evidence and Reasoning
    First, you have been a moderator in the past, and I would expect you to know the rules (spam at least). Let's discuss what evidence I have.
    First offense of spam:
    You were found playing some unidentifiable noise into your microphone. Therefore, I decided to gag you for spam. You know this isn't allowed on the server, so I am curious to hear why you decided to do it. This video shows the event occurring.
    Second offense of spam:
    Once again, you decided to play that same noise into your microphone, and I was about to warn you about the next punishment. This video shows the event occurring.
    Letting you know about the five day ban, third offense of spam, and fourth offense of spam.
    After your second offense of spam, I decided to ask my administrator for discretion to ban you. You were a constant troll on the server (not only spam), and the behavior you presented is unneeded. After talking with my administrator, she decided that a 5 day ban is the right amount of time to ban you for. I decided to send you a private message explaining this whole situation. After sending you the message, you decided to spam the server with your microphone, and I had to gag you again. Afterward, I had to mute you for chat spam. This video shows the event occurring.
    The ban:
    After punishing you for spam, I let my administrator know about the situation, and she said to continue on with the 5 day ban. The ban can be shown in this video.

In conclusion, you know the rules of the server, and your history is what lead to the 5 day ban. During this time, I recommend reading over our rules again to prevent situations like this from occurring. If you have any questions regarding this report, you can always add me on Steam to talk it over, or you can send me a conversation here on the forums. I will have @LadyLag finish up this report and give her verdict on the situation. Have a great day!

6. ArcticFox29

ArcticFox29 Creator of lag. Silver

Hey Prime,

My moderator NoHackJustGood followed the correct protocol in this situation, by gagging/muting you appropriately and then following with the ban.

The ban length was decided by me based off of your previous bans and history on the server. Nearly every time when you have joined the server, you intentionally spam, most of the time only twice to avoid being banned, which explains your 12 gags and 6 mutes. As a previous moderator, you should know that this kind of behavior is not acceptable.

Seeing that my moderator addressed the situation properly, I will be marking this report invalid. If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me.

-LadyLag

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.