Invalid Report against Lone Wanderer <(")

Discussion in 'TTT Staff/Player Reports' started by Ferengi, Jan 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ferengi

Ferengi New Member

Name of Staff/Player:
    Lone Wanderer <(")
    Steam ID of Staff/Player:
    STEAM_0:1:23860145
    Your Steam ID:
    STEAM_0:1:45653415
    Which Server:
    West 1
    Which Map:
    Bowling
    Which Round:
    First round
    Time of Occurence:
    First 5 minutes
    Reason For Report:
    I was in the closet between the two bathrooms when a T opened the T door. I went in and quickly killed that T and waited inside for another to appear. Within a minute of this another T planted C4 in the womens bathroom and I see the name and the gun hes holding leave and go to the closet to the T room that I was in. He looked up at the icon to open the door for 4 seconds before the door started to open and he looked down, walking toward the door. I thus then kill the man and verify the T body. He then reports me for RDM even though I clearly saw the man and his name. But the Mod at the time considered it RDM while 10+ players laughed/told the staff that he was wrong and that I did NOT RDM but he still kept the slay and argued about it.​
    Evidence And/Or Witnesses:
    Paldar
    Bonodo Mindwaves
    etc​

2. Lone Wanderer

Lone Wanderer The One and Only VIP

I have seen this report and will respond to it after I'm done staffing for the evening.

I will also go ahead and tag my admin, @Agent A, who will review this report after I've presented my evidence.

3. Lone Wanderer

Lone Wanderer The One and Only VIP

Alright, so, now that I'm done staffing, I will provide my evidence in this case, and explain what happened from my perspective.

I was staffing this evening on West, and a report came in from a player, with you being the reported player in this instance. Te report in question can be found below:

[​IMG]

As you can see from the report, your initial response was that you killed him for opening the T room door because he looked up at where the icon would be, and then the door opened, so you deduced that it was him. This is not a valid kill by our rules; you cannot kill for someone opening a T door or trap of this nature because there is no way to be 100% that they were actually the one to activate the trap/traitor door.

So, I added a slay to you based off of that response to the report. You then brought up to me that you saw the player in question plant a C4 in the women's bathroom. So, I went to investigate the report further to see if this was indeed the case. I investigated the point during which the player in question planted the C4 to see if there was anyway you could have seen them plant it. Below, you can see a death scene that shows the moment where he planted the C4:

As you can see from the death scene, while he is planting the C4 in the bathroom, not only are you in the T room, but you are facing away from him. Regardless of whether or not you were looking in his direction, though, you cannot see any names through that one way glass inside the T room; while you certainly can see through it and see what's going on outside, you cannot see information of the people you're looking at; it would have the same effect as looking at someone through any other glass in the game that wasn't broken. And since that glass cannot ever be broken, you cannot see the names of the players out there.

So, based on that evidence, I decided to keep the slay on you despite your added testimony, because you killed off of the suspicion that he planted the C4. You had no way of knowing that it was him that planted it, as the guy who actually did could have ran away from the T room, or remained in the hallway, or done any number of things aside from come straight to the T room entrance.

With that being said, I will leave this up to my admin @Agent A, to decide a verdict in this report. I will be available in the morning to answer any further questions or clarify anything I've stated here if there's a need for it.

4. Agent A

Agent A Veni, vidi, vici VIP Silver Emerald

Thank you for taking time to report one of my moderator. I'm going have to mark this report invalid. Had you put what you wrote in this forum report in the response when Zeecok_WRX reported you, it could've been different scenario. In this community, we don't allow people to kill other people for "activating/opening t traps/traitor room" as there can be other traitors nearby to activate them remotely. Furthermore, we can go off by the response written in the report, which Lone Wanderer did. Even so with the extra information you gave, you couldn't have known it was him, judging from the deathscene as you did not see Zeecok_WRX do it. Finally, there is no way that your claim that you saw his name hold as there is a wall that separates you and him, which prevents you from seeing his/her name, just his weapon. In other words, you killed him/her off suspicion based on weapon and possibility that he/she might have planted a C4. I believe Lone Wanderer summed it up nicely why the slay is valid.

Report:
    Invalid.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.