Replace Trip Mine with Proximity Mine

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by Renko, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Renko

Renko VIP Iron

Since SeriousTTT is using M9k weapon base I would like to suggest to replace the trip mine with Proximity mines.

Proximity mines were high-powered explosive packs with wide explosive radius that used sensors capable of detecting shifts in air pressure to detonate the mine when anyone entered its blast zone.

Pros:
    >Easy kill
    >Easy to trigger than Trip mines
    >Good for stealth kills
    Cons:
    >Can only buy once
    >Small blast radius
    >T-Buddies will never escape this
    >Loud beeps when activating

Proximity Mine can be found on M9k Specialties at Steam Workshop.

Here's the link
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=144982052

Last edited: Aug 29, 2016
  2. paper

paper legends never die VIP Silver

You should link it m8

3. Togo ✿

Togo ✿ Nobody Gets it VIP Silver

Look kinda cool

4. Renko

Renko VIP Iron

bump for other opinions

5. Harvest

Harvest The Forever Serpent VIP

Personally, I think this looks a little overpowered. It has a pretty large sensor radius, and on maps like Terror Train and Clue, it would go off without anyone ever seeing where it was. I already get killed by large C4 explosions without ever seeing where they were, having a smaller, instant C4 seems a little redundant.

The tripwire has to be triggered by someone walking literally right past it, and in addition, the laser wire allows players to spot it and disarm/get DNA from it, making it a more balanced weapon. It means that placement is important, both for lack of visibility of the wire, and placement meaning it cant be simply shot and destroyed.

-1 from me, I'm afraid.

6. Renko

Renko VIP Iron

I almost forgot about this, but we can adjust the adjust the blast radius of this weapon,
    and make the beep easily to hear so the innocents will be more alert when they hear the proximity mine activate.