Parting Words

Discussion in 'Farewells' started by Dr. Knife, Jul 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr. Knife

Dr. Knife VIP

I'd like to congratulate myself for once being able to see a server live to be the best and then back down to just any other server. I joined in 2010 and have played on this server since. Back when it was full of good admins and mods. But now, because of one rule, I've watched it fall. Unreported damage.
    Let me paint a picture.
    Me: hey Other Player, sorry I accidentally shot you.
    Other Player: not a problem bro. I'm not gonna report you.
    -5 minutes later-
    Admin: why did you attack Other Player?
    Me: it was an accident. We patched it up though.
    Admin: nope fuck you. Get slayed.

Go ahead a say this is a small thing to be upset about. But please tell me why you would punish someone for something that another player has forgiven you for? Don't actually answer that because it didn't use to be like that and everything was fine. So whatever justification you have is bullshit. It's not fun anymore.
    I could have just parted without complaining but I put in $10 and a shit load of time into this server. So I get to do at least this much and voice my concern.

• Dumb x 21
    • Agree x 4
    • Funny x 2
    • Optimistic x 2
    • Dislike x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
  2. Patrick

Patrick Ex-Deathrun Administrator VIP Silver

This server wasn't up in 2o1o

• Winner Winner x 9
    • Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

These servers were alive in 2010?

Where'd you come from? Trying to sound like some sort of bullshit veteran in this community won't give you justification to bash the current staff group who put in max effort to try to make everyone's experience delightful. By rules of the server and since mods cannot use discretion accidental rdm is still rdm and must be punished accordingly. This rule existed for a long time now as far as im aware and only now you're complaining about it? Unreported damage doesn't go unlooked if a staff member has no reports to deal with, and so the mod has to do his duty.

Your words have as much weight as minde or the next non-donator so get off your high horse, suck it up it was one slay that you're eluding to, and stop being salty.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. nikki

nikki Dutch female gamer: cocky, rude/toxic. VIP Bronze

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  5. Mason

Mason Banned VIP Silver

grats

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. gunerz.117

gunerz.117 Spartans never die. VIP

Did you post this on the wrong server's forums? These servers have been up since 2013 not 2010. It says you joined October of 2014 too... haha.

Also, the staff is just as good if not better now than it was "back in the day" in my opinion at least.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Graze

Graze Zzz... VIP Silver

So, aside from the date that we are confused about, unreported damages are slay-able since people may not know who shot them mid round, and a moderator is expected to report all RDM, be it an accident or not. Admins tend to follow these rules as well, since they still follow the same rule-set.

We are here to be serious about the game, and it doesn't take much effort to prevent yourself from randomly damaging others, and slays are a good deterrent from continuing to do so. Eventually, after losing enough rounds, you'll get much better at stopping yourself and knowing with certainty whether or not to pull the trigger. It's true that small damages used to not be reportable, but that was through admin discretion, and mod who were not given a threshold still had to report it.

Nevertheless, this is a farewell, and I wish you the best in your future wherever it is that you go!

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Acnologia

Acnologia modern desperado VIP Silver

I thought these servers were made back in 2013.... Are you Dr.Who?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  9. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

For some veteran, you must have some kind of memory loss. First, thr servers started in 2013; we just celebrated the 3 year anniversary and I was around shortly after their creation. Second, accidental RDM has always been RDM. So idk if you're thinking about some other server and just got salty because you came here and found out we have a different rules, but you're wrong on that point. Finally, try not to act like some kind of self-entitled jackass that doesn't try to see things from other perspectives. It's hard enough that staff get harassed because people think VIPs get special treatment. Imagine if you didn't receive a slay for your fuck up and people saw you got away with RDM; wouldn't look the best. Anyway, check your facts and your attitude.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Wompzilla

Wompzilla Former Administrator Banned VIP+ Silver

Plenty of people have been in the same boat as you. Hell, Rose Funera1 was about to quit due to this as well.
    But look at Rose now, he's a trial mod. Point is, people eventually realize that the rule is just fine.
    If not, they can just enjoy getting RDMed on some other server.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Etched

Etched That One Gay Guy VIP

Shouldn't this be in farewells? Or is he complaining with "parting words" and not leaving?

One of the things I hate most about people who donate is when they bring up the fact they donate, its taboo, oh look at me I spent money I'm special now, In reports, suggestions, complaints etc, When you try to use the fact that you DONATED for a rank and now you're better than everyone, Please, all it shows is you are supporting the server, not buying a position of power.

On the hindsight I've had my problems with this too, mods grave digging damage logs, getting slain, etc etc, but all around, it is 1 round, it is a game, it is their job, In the terms my brother uses anytime I complain, Don't be a lil bitch about.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  12. Santa Claus

Santa Claus Best Member VIP Bronze

Here's a bunch of partying words I've put together for you. Feel free to add below.
    • afterparty
    • April Fool's Day
    • bachelor party
    • backslapping (what the fuck?)
    • ball
    • banquet
    • Bonfire Night
    • Boxing Day
    • BYOB
    • celebration
    • clan
    • cocktail party
    • coming of age
    • cookout
    • costume party
    • county fair
    • dance
    • dinner dance
    • fair
    • feast
    • fest
    • festival
    • fete
    • fiesta
    • formal
    • function
    • fundraiser
    • gala
    • garden party
    • gathering
    • get together
    • Guy Fawkes Night
    • hayride
    • hoedown
    • homecoming
    • honey trap
    • housewarming
    • jamboree
    • keg party
    • lawn party
    • Mother's Day
    • New Year's Eve
    • nightclubbing
    • nightlife
    • parade
    • party
    • prom
    • rage
    • rave
    • razzle
    • reception
    • sleepover
    • slumber party
    • stag night/party
    • state fair
    • strippergram (2nd what the fuck?)
    • tea party lol

• Useful x 11
    • Winner x 2
    • Informative x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
    • Creative x 1
  13. Silent Rebel

Silent Rebel Lead Shitposter VIP

I joined in 2009, get on my level.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. tz-

tz- feelin it VIP Emerald

VIP isn't even $10...

15. Talon

Talon VIP

I was around back when TTT was a GoldSrc mod.
    Great times.

• Useful Useful x 1
  16. Etched

Etched That One Gay Guy VIP

He was talking about his months as VIP+

17. tz-

tz- feelin it VIP Emerald

That's still not $10...

18. Noctorious

Noctorious Your Best Nightmare VIP Emerald

Literally every conversation I've ever had with an admin

• Agree Agree x 4