New Perk: True Silence

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by Chad (((༼•̫͡•༽))), Apr 29, 2016.

1. Desc: With each upgrade reduce sound Silenced Pistol shots up to 90% and reduce the sound of your footsteps to 100%.

This would provide more stealth to traitors and inno's, sound is one of the many ways to kill people and I keep seeing it used over and over to track down and kill. Reducing the Pistol sound was because the Pistol isn't exactly a good choice if you want short range go Ak47, medium is mp7 and dragonuv for long range. Even with high damage to the head there are just better weapons for that like the colt. Reducing silenced will make it tons more useful.

The dead silence part which I may have kind of ripped straight out of CoD would eventually reduce all sounds you make to none, for example opening doors, walking, climbing ladders. Very useful indeed if I do say so myself

I'm thinking this should be 1 expensive upgrade, but 5 levels would probably be good. 9/18/36/72/90 <-- upgrade tree

• Like Like x 2
  2. Mason

Mason Banned VIP Silver

I thought the silenced pistol was already dead silent when shooting but if not +1 for making it quieter

3. Paradox

Paradox The One Eyed Ghoul Banned Elite

@Mason the silenced pistol has a config value in it's lua to decrease it's sound level but making it dead silent would give a somewhat unfair advantedge reducing footsteps to no sound -1 make it go to maybe 70 or 80 for a fair chance reduce door sounds? Huge -1 climbing ladders no sound -1 for guns +1 i'll expand on it more later but maybe guns should go to 70 or 80 to so you can still faintly hear them @RaRa

4. The sound is reduced but it has a little pew pew sound

5. Zypther

Zypther #SuitUp VIP Bronze Iron

You can already make the sound of ladders silent by holding your walk key, also +1 for the silenced pistol part, but the footsteps is kinds useless so -1 there.

6. Wompzilla

Wompzilla Former Administrator Banned VIP+ Silver

Thanks! I drew inspiration for my suggestion from this =)

7. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

It would be one of those perks I get last because the SP is mostly for people who got aimbot and who are cool. I don't fit that bill so:
    [​IMG]

8. theteutonic

theteutonic Active Member

Many players I know (sephr was the one to enlighten me with this piece of information) readily use the Dragunov SVU over the silenced pistol because of the fact that there is virtually 0 spread on the SVU, whereas the silenced pistol has a spread similar to the deagle's. This makes the silenced pistol obsolete since the fire rate is about the same, but the silenced pistol's 2 extra shot does not make up for it's horrendous spread given the SVU can be used at the same range. The fact that you want to buff the silenced pistol via a perk is a step in the right direction but really there should be changes done to it in the first place to re-balance the silenced T weapons.

As for footsteps, this would prove to be invaluable but something I can foresee as being overpowered. Something like what Junk Warrior is suggesting with a max percentage reduction might be more suitable.

Ladder sounds and door openings are caused by map entities(?) and like Junk said, most ladder movement sounds can already be negated.

9. The only reason why footsteps was included was so it had more usefulness then just the SP. What is your guys opinion on just having the SP fully silenced or extending it to every weapon

10. Yeezus

Yeezus Goderator VIP

Every weapon would be awesome

• Funny Funny x 1