New changes to pointshop

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Highwon, Oct 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Highwon

Highwon Owner VIP Silver

Due to recent complaints by players that they have an abundance of points and nothing to spend on, we here at Serious TTT have been brainstorming on ideas to add more things to do with your points.

While initially the plan was to implement a betting system, it quickly became clear that we needed something to be able to spend these points on for betting to even make sense. So the betting system was put on hold while we developed Upgrades.

Upgrades will be available to be purchased by all players while donators get a discount. Their discount rate will be different from their normal discount on pointshop items. These new discount rates will be reflected on the donation page.

There are currently 12 different upgrades that will be implemented with many levels within each upgrade. We are talking about roughly 400,000 points worth of upgrades. Obviously each player has a different play style and will upgrade different things as they see fit. Most of these upgrades wont affect gameplay too much as to not give a huge advantage over newcomers. We don't want to alienate our new players by having fully upgraded powerhouses. These upgrades range from increasing crowbar attack rate (while lowering damage to keep DPS the same) for drawing art on the walls to being able to upgrade your knife to an InstaKnife. I'm sure you will all be pleased by these upgrades as they will add an unique playing experience.

I am also aware that some of these upgrades might be costly, and they are so by design as to keep you engaged for a longer period of time and also making an upgrade feel like an achievement as its not easily attainable by everyone. We will also work on ways to be able to earn points such as a betting system. Obviously there will be a balance as to not make points worthless.

These changes will be implemented on Saturday (Oct 5th) morning and both servers will be taken down for a short time to ensure they are implemented correctly.

2. Snak

Snak Banned

Sounds very cool! Just as long as it isen't overboard because upgrades can completely ruin a server if there too overpowered. Lookin forward too it

3. MckeonHitman

MckeonHitman Serious Member

Just be sure there is a sniping one

4. eduardopy

eduardopy Banned

Maybe we can reduce thw amount of points you get in spec? I see alot of farming coming.

5. Cupcake Mayhem

Cupcake Mayhem Uncuffed VIP

Pointfarming promotes the server and I am fine with it (even if I have not done it) I see nothing wrong wit it.

6. Highwon

Highwon Owner VIP Silver

The changes have been implemented. Feel free to go check it out.

7. Gristle McThornbody

Gristle McThornbody Active Member

I'd like to see a karma (negative) multiplier for end of round point bonuses. It could be for the winning team only if that seems to make more sense but the impetus is to prevent rdm.

For example: winning a round awards players 100 pts. A karma score of 876 would lower the points awarded to 87.

Obviously the numbers could use some tweaking but it would encourage proper game play.

8. Newo

Newo Member

I like Gristle's idea alot. It's very, very hard to get points with the current system. Compared with some of the prices in the shot it would take an overwhelming amount of time to reach prices at 50,000 and up.

9. Highwon

Highwon Owner VIP Silver

Yes I'm aware of that and now there will be brainstorming on how to gain more points (besides the betting system) while also not taking away from gameplay and at the same time encourage people to not rdm.

10. eduardopy

eduardopy Banned

Maybe give some kind of points boost to people with 1000 karma?

11. MckeonHitman

I say we have a different upgrade for every weopon.
    Such as

Sniper. Variable zoom

Shotgun. More accuracy

Smg. Less recoil

Assault weopons. Not as loud

Handguns. Variable either more damage or more fire rate/ less recoil

12. Angelx

Angelx Always Innocent VIP

Zoom is good enough.

Shotgun is accurate, it's the hitbox.

Smg, right click

assault weapons. meh

handguns, too much of a advantage.

Remember it's upgrades depending on playstyles.

Highwon isn't going to add stuff that will make new players say *oh i can't kill these people cuz i'm new* and leaves.

13. eduardopy

eduardopy Banned

I think that would give too much of an edge to old players. Imagine a person with a maxed out colt? One hit anywhere? No thanks.

14. MckeonHitman

I'm talking about 1 time upgrades to remove some annoying things about the game

15. MckeonHitman

But I see your points

16. nikowyang

nikowyang Member

This has been open while I think of ideas so far and here is what I got
    1 )What if you could bu a damage or range upgrade, or even a scope upgrade for the dragonov.
    2 )What if everytime you kill a T, or as a T kill an inno, you gain a certain amount of points, and everytime you kill wrongfully it takes points. and once you are out of points it just slays you everytime you do not have enough points
    3 ) Maybe an upgrade that you can buy for the disguiser, (but then limits the time it can be on) that makes you look like a detective.
    4 )Purchasable upgrades that increase the amount of points you are given (like the 10 pts for playing on the server) Maybe a multiplier for that.
    5 ) Kill streaks or a point multiplier for if the pts per kill was added, say when you get 3 kills in a row it starts a 2X, multiplier, and then adds 1 for for every 1 or two kills, and then it expires when you kill streak ends (either by time or death).
    6 ) Maybe add buttons to T testers that if a T is in them, they can sabotage to make themselves look inno.
    7 ) Be able to buy riggable DNA scanners (a dna scanner u can drop, that points to a person you select and people will pick it up and see the person you selected as having DNA evidence of them murdering somebody.
    8 ) Tear gas
    9 ) Flash bangs
    10 ) Newton launcher upgrades (farther push, lower recharge?)
    11 ) Jihad upgrades and c4 upgrades (damage/range)
    12 ) A new item called cleaner, which removes your dna from an item like decoys, or death stations ETC (not on bodies), but it takes time to do, like IDing with binoculars.
    13 ) Different levels of body armor (Whether it be permanent upgrades or cost more credits)
    14 ) ARE YOU STILL READING
    15 ) Skins for regular players, or hats (that maybe give you perks)
    Thats all I have for now, that took a long time, I am still thinking of more though.

17. MckeonHitman

You know that all of these things would take A SHIT LOAD OF TIME

Love hitman... NO HOMO

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.