Nerfing the AK-47

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by RhazhBash, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Santa Claus

Santa Claus Best Member VIP Bronze

yep.. yep.. yep. yep yep yep yep yep

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Togo ✿

Togo ✿ Nobody Gets it VIP Silver

like the meta for primarys is the 2 good hks and the ak
    instead of nerfing the ak make shit guns better so they can compete

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  3. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

The vanilla servers most obvious competitor with the AK is the shotgun taking no skill to use. With a one shot kill at not even a really close range, it's a great contender with the AK.

This means that if the AK gets a nerf, at least on vanilla, then the shorty needs one.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. RhazhBash

RhazhBash Professional Button Presser VIP

The big difference is that crowd control is a lot easier with the AK than the shotgun. If you headshot one guy in a crowd with a shotgun it's more difficult to do it again after people realize. The AK can just mow 3 people down with ease.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

I can mow down an entire crowd with both, and have. The delay b/t each shotgun shot is shorter than you think.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Santa Claus

Is it 0.8s?

7. CorallocinB

Whatever the numbers are

I still mow down an entire group with either.

• Winner Winner x 2
  8. Sith Master

Sith Master An individual may die, but the Sith are eternal Banned Gold VIP Emerald

You have to slow it down to .25

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Santa Claus

3.2 seconds per shot

10. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

lmao decreasing fire rate for the ak is going to make my life SO much easier. As of right now the ak is great because if fires bullets that kill so quick, problem is that it burns through ammo too fast. If you lower the rate of fire, it will give me more powerful bullets to use in a gunfight making the ak a legendary machine of epicness that will destroy the server to which I am on.

yall will fear me

• Like x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  11. Skyrossm

Skyrossm Ideal Female Moderator? VIP Emerald Bronze

This is the GALIL in a nutshell ;)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Lmao RIGHT??? How do people not realize the rapid firerate is it's main downside?

13. Zypther

Zypther #SuitUp VIP Bronze Iron

How about, let's lower the sps and boost the recoil. That way it is relatively more realistic, one shoots, the gun deals good damage, but at the cost of a "powerful bullet type" meaning recoil is big and sps can't be insanely fast cause the gun would shake itself to death.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. Mr Butters

Mr Butters For a few to be immortal, many must die. VIP

while we are at it, nerf the MP7, the honeybadger, the HK, colt, deagle. Stop being bad you dont die to it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. Dolph1n

Dolph1n Time is an adventure- if you know when to look. Banned Elite

Honestly I don't see why people are so butthurt over one gun being a bit better than others in terms of raw DPS. To prove why the AK is fine as it is, let's go back to the stats table.

[​IMG]

So let's look at just the assault rifle category, and narrow it down even further to the Recoil column.

[​IMG]

As far as assault rifles(ARs) go, the AK-47 has the highest recoil at 2.2, the next highest being the H.U.G.E-249 at 1.9, meaning that at long ranges, you have to tap fire to be effective, and because of this you can't take full advantage of the AK's high rate of fire.

Next let's look at the Damage column. The AK-47 deals 25 damage per shot, and according to the Multiplier column, it deals the default of 2x damage on headshots, making each HS 50 damage. This means that to kill someone, you need to hit 2 headshots or 4 bodyshots. Now let's look at the Delay column to see how fast it fires. The AK-47 fires with a delay of 0.08 seconds in between each shot. This means that if I hit 4 bodyshots, the total shot delay is .32 seconds, and is .16 if I hit 2 headshots. That's not even counting the time the shot takes to hit my target.

So after all of those boring stats, why do I think the AK-47 shouldn't be nerfed?

TL;DR- The AK is most effective at close-medium range because you're able to abuse its high rate of fire without losing shots due to random spread and recoil, and not effective at long range because, like I said earlier, you either spray and lose tons of shots or tapfire and don't abuse the ridiculous rate of fire of the AK.

JUST BECAUSE THIS TABLE SAYS A GUN HAS A HIGH DPS DOESN'T MEAN IT ACTUALLY DOES. YOU HAVE TO HIT SHOTS TO DEAL DAMAGE!

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. CorallocinB

The thing is though

the people who do hit those shots wreak havoc, and there are many people like this which is a problem especially in vanilla servers.

17. Dolph1n

Yeah, because I can't hit shots(and in turn can't use the AK very well), the AK should be nerfed so that those who have skill and can hit shots are just as weak as us who can't. Great logic, robo.

18. Paradox

Paradox The One Eyed Ghoul Banned Elite

Communitys so mixed on this but i'll +1.

19. CorallocinB

Ok, so here's the thing. It's a problem, in vanilla. VIPs have exclusive access to these AKs which have the high DPS. These VIPs more than not will hit their shots. Me, Fiefoe, bread on fire, toast in water (or something like that), dan the man, Noc, squidd, zyp, DocturBrian, Arc, Maul, Phoenix, Fox, Old Fox, BC, Uber especially Hallelujah, r3sh, Spectre (or whatever that now banned for being an idiot's name is), Pleb, Im listing off the top players in vanilla whom I've played with for numerous hours and they dominate the field. I believe 1 or 2 of them that I listed are not VIPs, but dominate with an AK so they'll target a VIP. Not to mention any staff VIPs who come in and rekt shop too.

Anyway, if you can't hit those shots well then this shouldn't concern you in fact you should be more than happy to have the AK nerfed since you'd be more than likely killed by someone who can use it and use it well (AKA: Hit those shots). You're relating skill to a weapon that takes little skill. Sure, it's more skill than a shotgun, but you're seemingly equating it to that of a sniper rifle. AK should be treated like a semi-high recoiled automatic gun which is one of the most basic guns for anyone playing an FPS to start out with and therefore should not have a high skill ceiling in order to be used properly. Have you ever played COD? Sure the franchise sucks, but that's the perfect example.

NEVERTHELESS: If I can just as effectively kill a group of people with a shotgun as I can with an AK in vanilla (granted not many people would resort to my lowly tactic of using a shotgun and therefore would not use it well by getting the meatshots) I still see no reason to nerf the AK.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Dolph1n

The AK does take high skill to use effectively at medium to long range because of its high recoil. If you don't want to be butt blasted by an AK user, don't stand in their face. Keep your distance and force them to choose between loss of accuracy or loss of firespeed. The AK has a seperate playstyle from other ARs, and honestly I think that's healthy.

And also, why are people complaining about the AK but not frags? Frags are super rare on the map, and 99% of the donators who can get one in their loadout(VIP+, Elite, Legendary, MVP) get them via a loadout. Frags do a lot of damage, just like the people say the AK does. Why are people fine with it? Because it's hard to hit, just like the AK at medium-long range.