Make it GBA

Discussion in 'Rules and Protocol' started by Mereduck, Jan 17, 2017.

?

Make being by a KOS'ed Person GBA

1. Yes

2. No

3. Cheese Grater.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Mereduck

Mereduck VIP

Had an instance today where I was slain for killing someone who was walking very calmly next to someone who was called out in chat and over voice multiple times and didn't attempt to kill him. He was also a Traitor.

What I propse is being next to someone who is KOS is GBA if it is clearly obvious.

• Disagree x 10
    • Dumb x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
    • Creative x 1
  2. Santa Claus

Santa Claus Best Member VIP Bronze

Just wait until the KOS'd shoots at you while he's next to him. Then you can KOS / kill them both!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. GBA is the best thing that happened in SGM.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Solar

Solar El Dorado VIP

The reason why this wouldn't be GBA (and shouldn't be changed to one, for this matter) is that not all players keep track of KOSes all the time. Players may either be AFK when a lot of things have happened; when vocal KOSes are called, the player might not have in-game sounds played. It is hard to assess as to when this instance of GBA is "clearly obvious". Different players may consider someone seeing a player beside a KOSed for 10 seconds as "obvious GBA", while some takes only 5 or even 3 seconds as "obvious GBA".

Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

No

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Togo ✿

Togo ✿ Nobody Gets it VIP Silver

You don't have to follow a kos

7. Daddy Nexxus

Daddy Nexxus Toxi-Fessional VIP

Shoot at he KOSed player, he will likely shoot back at you. Player #2 (your "GBA" traitor for walking next to someone called out) will likely either shoot you or do nothing. If he does nothing... Kill him! He is witnessing a traitorous act (shooting at players) and doing nothing about it. Profit!

8. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

To clarify, you can kill the guy only of the KOS'd player shoots back.

He's not GBA if you're the one that committed a traitorous act.

9. Lone Wanderer

Lone Wanderer The One and Only VIP

I don't agree that being near someone who is KOS'd should be considered GBA.

The reason why we have the rule the way it is now, is because the players have the right to determine whether or not they believe a KOS is legitimate or not. There could be plenty of reasons why someone might not believe the KOS to be valid: a known traitor could have called it, they might know the KOS'd person is proven innocent, they might not believe the person committed that traitorous act because they didn't witness it, etc.

Essentially, it boils down to the fact that, since they didn't witness the KOS'd player commit the traitorous act that they've been KOS'd for, they don't have to follow it if they don't want to, for whatever reason. There's no way that a KOS can be 'purely obvious' to someone unless they actually witnessed the KOS player commit the traitorous acts in question. But at that point, they would already be GBA if they didn't do anything to kill the traitorous player.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Daddy Nexxus

Daddy Nexxus Toxi-Fessional VIP

I'll italicize that so people don't misinterpret. Not that anyone should take any of this as fact, we have a rules list for a reason!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Mereduck

Mereduck VIP

Technically then according to responses (DaddyNexxus thanks for that!) I shouldn't have been slain. He turned around trying to kill me and shoot me for shooting the person who was called out. It's my fault for not respondig correctly in the report I suppouse and using the rules to my advantage (Which alot of people do...) We need a revision of the ruleset imo.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  12. Zack

Zack Shepherd of Fire VIP

I'm sure you already know this but, until a person has witnessed a traitorous act, you can't impose any kind of guilt on them. The reason this can't be GBA is that traitors can ( and frequently do ) call false KOSes. Say a traitor KOSes someone standing the middle of a group of people. Are all of said people now GBA and free kills? What you're asking for here is a big free pass on mass RDM.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

^This isn't the problem.
    ^This is.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  14. feИRa

feИRa VIP

So you kill the kosed person, inno next to him kills you for doing that and gets away with 5 second rule. Nice.

15. Emily❤

Emily❤ The strongest light is the one within VIP Silver Emerald

You don't have to play if you don't like the rules :whistle:

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. feИRa

feИRa VIP

You don't have to post in a thread about rules if you aren't able to discuss them

17. Emily❤

Emily❤ The strongest light is the one within VIP Silver Emerald

I didn't comment on this thread because enough people has already said that the suggestion shouldn't be accepted. I just pointed out the fact that you are complaining about the rules on a community you chose to play on. You are complaining about one of the most basic rules we got which is that to kill someone is a t act :/

18. feИRa

feИRa VIP

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. ifavila

ifavila Active Member

People can't even remember koses that were called 2 minutes ago and you want the ability to kill them for it

• Funny Funny x 1