Answered Is this RDM?

Discussion in 'Questions & Answers' started by Twitharoll, Jan 7, 2017.

?

Is this RDM?

1. Yes.

5 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Twitharoll

Twitharoll Member

Here is what happened, I am a detective and I can see from my rader that I have been chasing by 2 players across the map, so I had decided to identify all the bodies, so that they won't make any excuses, but 1 of them is a former mod, so I have to ask politely if I still need evidence at this point in chat, and ofc he said yes.

[​IMG]

After that I have decided to wait for 1 of 2 situations:
    1. If they come at me alone, I will wait until that player shot me.
    2. If they come at me together, I will kill them both, because they don't have any excuse about couldn't find the other player.

In the end, of course I have been reported by a former mod, and I have been slain for shooting my weapon first, but come on what evidence do you need?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

It's not a T act if neither shoot each other. So yes, what you did was RDM, as much as it seems like common sense

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Sinz

Sinz crumble VIP Silver

In this situation you only know two things:
    1. two people are left alive.
    2. one is a traitor.
    This does not change the fact that you still need a justifiable reason to kill either. Just because they're the last two alive, doesn't mean you can kill them both.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

The whole reason behind "You two are the lest one left, kill each other" is because you know for a fact that one of them HAS to be the T, but you have no proof that they are both traitors. Just because they refuse to kill each other doesn't mean anything. Imagine that you are on a server with only 3 players, one of which is a traitor. Would it make sense to kill the innocent simply because he has a chance of being a traitor? No, that's rdm.

In general, you can't be 100% sure that they are both traitors, you can only be sure that one of them is.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Twitharoll

Twitharoll Member

Alright, in a simple way to explain would be logic doesn't apply here,I will just have to adapt the weird rules this server have here, honestly there are too many weird rules.
    I have seen a lot of people abusing 5 sec rules and unidentified body to justify their kills.

I was once stalked by a player, no matter where I go, he just keep following, only waiting for a moment when I shot a traitor that was called out, he will shot me from behind and say that I was shooting at a player.
    After a few rounds my karma was getting too low to continue, so I left.

6. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

Logic would apply in this situation only if you were keeping track of the number of traitors from the start of the round. If you know the 1:4 ratio, the amount of traitors at the start, and the amount of traitors killed and ID'd, you could kill them if the number added up to there being only two traitors left.

Killing them for not killing each other is RDM.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017