I always said "I'll Be The Last Man Standing"

Discussion in 'Farewells' started by The Law, Mar 12, 2015.

1. The Law

The Law You fought the law and the law won. VIP Silver Emerald

I always said "I'll Be The Last Man Standing" :
    I loved the community too much, I stayed because I made that promise to myself, that I would stay until the very end. That was foolish of me. The reasons for my resignation and absence from this community can only be explained in terms of: "I did what needed to be done, something I've wanted to do for a long time". I'll start from the beginning:​
    My Background:
    Since the beginning of High School I have had an unhealthy gaming habit, I would often play on gaming consoles everyday none stop, and my marks in school were suffering up until I reached grade 10 and decided to make a change. I stopped gaming almost entirely and focused on the important things in life, like obtaining the highest grades possible. My marks went from near failing to B's in grade 10, B's and some A's in grade 11, to near straight A's in grade 12. I had successfully changed my poor habits and removed the distractions of gaming out of my life which allowed to me put all my effort into succeeding, which made me very happy, and has been the main reason I am where I am today, attending University in the Bachelor of the Science in Nursing program (4 year program). After graduating High School I started University right away and obtained straight A's in the 4 classes I took that semester. Perhaps at this point I had forgotten where much of my success had come from, that being, removing the distractions and emptying all my effort into what mattered, because I found myself back to gaming again.​
    The Beginning of Something Terrible:
    To treat myself for my successful first semester I decided on buying a gaming computer, where I then fell in love with this community, and have spent over a year and a half here - a large portion of that time as a staff member. Following my next semester I continued my gaming habit and it progressively started to take over my life again. My marks dropped, though still enough for me to squeeze into my program of which there were over 200 applicants - I was proud of my accomplishment. Starting my 3rd semester in university was my first semester in my program, and it was tough, a hell of a lot tougher than I had ever dreamed it to be. I was a staff member at the time and eventually was forced to resign in order to bring up my marks. After finals were over I dreaded for over a week that my marks would not be high enough and I would be kicked out of the program, and life as I knew it would get a lot harder for me. During this time I prayed everyday, multiple times a day to god - I've never been a religious person, but in times of extreme distress turning to something for hope can help to alleviate some pain. I told myself over and over again that I would never let that happen again, never again would I procrastinate studying or completing assignments and leave them to the last minute, and no longer would I let my gaming distract me from succeeding... The marks were posted. It was a miracle! I had managed to get through that first semester.​
    Denial:
    However, upon learning that I had passed I took up gaming again while on break and soon found myself as a staff member once more. Going into the 2nd Semester I remembered the pain, stress and anxiety I caused myself last semester, and this time like all the other times I thought I could manage; told myself I am more prepared this time, I can do both, gaming and my studies. But as you may have guessed, this was a big mistake on my part, and I've once again gone through this current semester leaving assignments and studying to the last minute. This has left me extremely unhappy with myself, because I refused to acknowledged the evidence from the past, and instead convinced myself to hear what I wanted to hear, and failed to change.​
    In Conclusion:
    I've always had the ability to achieve high marks, but distractions, gaming, is keep me from achieving my goals in life. My stress levels have reached unmanageable levels, and everyday I fear that I may not be able to make it through my program at university, I've fallen so far behind, something I told myself last semester I would never let happen again. It's time I make a step in my life for the better and do as I did way back when and remove gaming out of my life so I can focus on what really matters. I'm sure this resignation has not come as a surprise to many people that know me, as I was always talking about "addictions to seriousttt", and saying things like "If you do find a way out of seriousttt let me know". Which admittedly was not something a staff member should be saying, and I did not like the direction I was going as a staff member. I used to be professional and would never had made some of the many comments I have over shoutbox or other areas on the forums. This direction was solely caused from my stress and me finding an outlet to vent to, and I regretted where it has taken me. I would like to apologize for that, and to anyone who may have been hurt by my actions. Disregarding my fall in professionalism these last few months, I would like to think I have left a lasting impression after being in this community for so long. I would also like to think that I played a small part in helping this community to grow and thrive, and I know it will continue to do so long after I'm gone.​
    Change Starts Now:
    I've written too much, but this is an emotional moment to leave a community you have invested so much time in. I have removed everyone related to seriousttt on steam, please do not take that personally, it was nothing against you, I did it for myself to remove the distractions and the pull that seriousttt has on me. Farewell all, wish me luck on my road to change! No doubt it will be difficult. I'll truly miss all of you... ​
    And Long Live:
    [​IMG]

• Friendly Friendly x 19
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  2. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

Peace! See you around!

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  3. Chubblebutt

Chubblebutt I'm Back.

Should I know you?

• Dumb Dumb x 15
  4. Master_Failure

Master_Failure master of failing.. not much more to say VIP

cya my old admin, it was so much fun playing with you, hope to see you around
    edit : @The Law add me on steam will ya

Last edited: Mar 12, 2015
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  5. ZeRo

ZeRo :sneaky: Banned VIP Silver

I'll miss you around on the staff. Hope to see you return one day! Or at least play on the servers so I can deny you your satisfaction. :love:

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  6. Darktooth

Darktooth I was #1 VIP

You almost stole Lead Admin from under my nose. It's a shame to see you have to leave the administration yet again, given that you're so goddamn good at it.

Farewell, good luck, and please let us know in the summer.

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. I wish you nothing but the best.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Patrick

Patrick Ex-Deathrun Administrator VIP Silver

You were a wonderful admin, and a one of the funniest admins around. Good luck with school, and study hard.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Muffin

Muffin Fresh Baked VIP

Long live the original TeamJustice, we are forever in your debt. Take care, and I know you will succeed in your educational endeavors. You never did let me hear your voice...

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Husky

Husky Euthanasia VIP Silver

#FirstGenerationBestGeneration.
    Law we never really talked after I left the team, but you never faltered in the face of an adversary or challenge. And for that I thank you. Stay safe now.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Cya Law. You were by far one of the best admins on here. We've talked and played a few times together and I liked you.

Good luck out there.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Lightning

Lightning Bringing the Thunder VIP

You were a great administrator Law. Wish you luck on whatever heads your way.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Steven

Steven VIP Silver

Good luck the cuddly.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Zikeji

Zikeji Repoleved VIP Emerald

Ciao. Where there is an end, there is always a beginning. I wish you the best of luck in your endeavors.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Espurr

Espurr #AlwaysStabEspurr Administrator VIP

Good Luck on your future endeavors

I'm gonna miss you man

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Azure

Azure Into each life some rain must fall. VIP

[​IMG]

Good on you for finally making this decision. Studies should always come first, and I hope you'll be able to join us again someday once you're through with school. They never leave forever... right?
    I'll miss your cat gifs and your big red denial stamp of justice. :(

Be well, Law!

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Espurr

Espurr #AlwaysStabEspurr Administrator VIP

Screen Shot 2015-03-07 at 1.33.36 AM.png
    I found an old screenshot
    This will stump me for the rest of my days.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Rice

Rice stay golden. VIP

Your kittens have just become orphans. Good bye!

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Miss Alice

Miss Alice winky face VIP

I'd never really gotten to know you personally, much as I wanted to. I think this speaks for itself though, and I respect you far more than I already did because of it.

Hopefully you'll be back some day.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. AnarkisT

AnarkisT ★ No Gods, No Masters. ★ VIP Silver Emerald

On a serious note, it really sucks to see you go Law,
    I think all of us have been at that point at some point or another, in which gaming is a distraction and starts becoming a problem, I sure as hell I know I've been there.
    It's awesome that you've decided to make this change, I hope I'll see you around every now and then amigo.

• Friendly Friendly x 1