Gun Game

Discussion in 'Fun Rounds' started by BorkWoof, Jan 11, 2017.

1. BorkWoof

BorkWoof VIP

So at the moment, in gun game, when you get a killing blow you level up. I honestly think this is extremely unfair. I've been in many situations where I put someone to near death with a gun with a really low mag size, and I have to reload. Finishing that person near death with a crowbar is way too risky, and reloading is time consuming. So why not have so if someone does the most damage to a player, they level up? Not the person with the killing blow

• Disagree Disagree x 4
  2. Orion

Orion He is Exalted Administrator VIP

Eeeh. I'm neutral to this. I know how this pisses people off (hell even I get angry when that happens) but it would also be unfair.
    You just need to deal 51 damage to someone, leaving them at the Wounded state and just go shoot someone else. You don't get the rewards for the kill and when people see that someone is Wounded they don't even bother to shoot them because it will be a level up to someone that already dealt 51 damage or more to over half the server already.
    I know that you can say that this mode is a clusterfuck and everyone just shoots everywhere, but in maps with spawns that are a bit more spaced this will happen.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. BorkWoof

BorkWoof VIP

Maybe you could round it up to 50 and the person who gets a killing blow on 50ishhp guy will get the lv up?

4. Zypther

Zypther #SuitUp VIP Bronze Iron

-1 it is good as it is. I like my kill steals.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. BorkWoof

BorkWoof VIP

:(

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  6. Cirtex

Cirtex Well-Known Member

this is something that's EXTREAMLY debateable. yes it's unfair to the guy who did 99% of the damage to lose his level up to the guy who shot your target who slipped into the crossfire. PlanetSide2 did this where you get experiance based on how much damage you did to an enemy, if you got the killing blow hurray! you get more points! but if you did little damage then you would gain about the same as the other guy.

this isn't something that i think can be fixed in Gun Game though. unlike in COD it takes more than 3 bullets to kill an enemy. and its not a problem easily balanced out. that's all i have to say.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Paradox

Paradox The One Eyed Ghoul Banned Elite

@Bork since you were saying how no one replies, i'll give this a neutral just for you ;)

8. Lone Wanderer

Lone Wanderer The One and Only VIP

The whole point of 'Gun Game' is to level up based off of a kill. It's been like this in every version of gun game in every game since it's conception. Kill stealing is just a part of that. I don't think it should change from that, as basing it off of damage just changes the whole fundamentals of how the game actually works. This isn't Planetside 2 where you're trying level up based off experience of something like that. A kill levels you up. And a kill is whoever fires the final shot that depletes their health.

It'd be the same thing for kills in actual TTT outside of the fun rounds. Should I be attributed the kill if I do 88 damage to a traitor, and then someone fires a final shot to finish them off? I would say no, as I didn't fire the killing blow. Sure, if you're in an experience based game where you level up, then it's fair to attribute the player who did a lot of damage experience equal to kill for their damage. But neither gun game, nor TTT, operate in that way, so I think this kind of system is unnecessary.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. NeverEnding

NeverEnding It's Never going to end. Trust me on this. VIP

I think you still don't really get the idea of how gun game works.
    It's common to steal kill.
    But I think the knife needs a nerf.

10. BorkWoof

BorkWoof VIP

ok i guess lock since everyone has the same opinion

11. MythMe

MythMe VIP

Wounded can be healed, dead can not. So it kind of matters who gets the last shot

12. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

Sorry, but how?

13. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

So I kind of get what you're suggesting, but shouldn't go off of majority damage dealt.

The one game with probably my favorite Gun Game setup is Battlefield. Currently not in their newest title, Battlefield 1, Gun Master was a game very similar to Call of Dutys Gun Game. In a similar fashion, you must get two kills with each weapon before leveling up until eventually gaining a knife for one, final kill. One main difference was team play.

Well, in Battlefield, and I'm not sure if also in CoD, if a player does 80-90+ damage to a player, meaning they only have 0-20ish hp left, and then gets the kill taken, they get an "Assist Counts as Kill" meaning that they assisted their teammate who gets credited with the kill by doing so much damage that it would really be fair to not give them credit. So, the assist, because it counted as a kill, gas counted as a kill.

However the two main differences between TTT and Battlefield Gun Games is the fact that in Battlefied you have teams as well as health regeneration. So, unless those two things were somehow implemented, it wouldn't really work.

14. MythMe

MythMe VIP

Well somehow players magically heal after getting shot at in videogames, like you can get shot to near death, but then the magical microwave saves you.

15. BorkWoof

BorkWoof VIP

everyone on gungame is innocent

• Dumb Dumb x 1