Goodbye to a 'friendly community'

Discussion in 'Farewells' started by Electric Mind, Mar 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sinz

Sinz crumble VIP Silver

Last edited: Mar 21, 2015
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  2. [​IMG]

I don't understand how LATA is relevant to this farewell thread but okay.

Anyways, you were a chill guy Electric and I wish you the best, take care :)

EDIT: Someone has no sense of humor
    [​IMG]
    EDIT #2: SO INSECURE
    [​IMG]

• Like x 4
    • Funny x 3
    • Dumb x 3
    • Optimistic x 2
    • Disagree x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Creative x 1
    • Old x 1
    • Bad Spelling x 1
  3. daddy

daddy おじいちゃんファック VIP Bronze

I think you have some things wrong about how everyone else works.

Not everyone is open about their feelings or is so willing to share them with another human being simply because it's not in their personality. There's a difference between not sharing your deepest feelings with someone and not caring for them at all, and in my experience, it's very, very difficult to have long term friends if you believe they are one and the same.

Saying someone doesn't deserve to live because they aren't the touchy-feely type of person is an awful thing to say, everyone is different; you can't expect the same type of "care" from everyone you meet, (Especially if you believe they deserve to die because they don't talk to you).

Regardless, I wish you luck on whatever adventures your future may hold.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 11
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. Communion (1989) Putlockers HD Stream Eng Sub

Communion (1989) Putlockers HD Stream Eng Sub i'm thinking i'm thinking VIP

I hope you have not already left, and are still checking this thread, as I would very much like to hear what actually happened in more detail, so that my comment in this thread is not one of ignorance, or that I can say something different to you after you've told me more details, if there are more (so essentially, right now I'm just going to work with the information that you've given me in this thread to make an assessment).

As it appears to be, you enjoy this game, that is why you are here. What you do not like seems to be intimate distancing between community members (i.e. not sharing their IRL problems, or talking to you about your own IRL problems). As I'm sure you know, quite a lot (if not all) of us have IRL issues. A good representation of this is the farewells section, where you see stuff like "leaving because of issues in my life outside of the game" quite frequently. Because of that, this farewell thread really caught my attention, so I'm here to make a few comments and suggestions.

Wherever you are in life, you have to keep something in mind. That is the fact that not everyone is going to share the same ideals and beliefs as you. A lot of factors go into the creation of who we are, what we believe in, and what we need. So of course, issues like this are always bound to happen. Even though you believe that we should all share our IRL issues with eachother, doesn't mean everyone else does, and it certainly doesn't mean they're "a representation of disgust" for refusing to do so. I'd say a very large amount of us is using this game and community as a means of escapism from their everyday lives and the issues that surround them in order to get a break from those issues and find solace. And being reminded of those everyday issues here (in their safe-haven) by you or someone else bringing them up (as it sounds like you've been doing) could lead to stress, depression, and anxiety for them, even if that's not what was intended on your part (emotional triggers, if you will). So please don't be so quick to judge people just because they don't conform to your own standards of what human beings should be, everyone, and I mean everyone, is struggling in their own way, and being told that they "don't deserve to live" from you because they don't show that they care about others, really doesn't help. And it's not just that, there's literally an endless sea of possibilities on reasons why they may not want to participate in a conversation about IRL problems. Making the assumption that it's because they're bad people with negative intentions towards you isn't quite justifiable, as you cannot really know what's going on in their head.

For example: Myself. I used this game and community to escape from the problems I was having in real life for about a year. And I found that talking about my own IRL issues was very difficult (although I sometimes did so in self-deprecating humor, as usually that's the only way I can). I've seen others talk about their IRL issues, and a lot of the time I've thought about responding, but I don't know how to. I don't know what to say, I don't know what to tell them, it can be frightening, and it can remind myself of what my life is outside of this game/community, and in-turn make me feel horrible. So there's a good chance that I'm one of the people who you you're leaving because of, or share some of the same aspects of those people, and hopefully you can understand why that is, and why you shouldn't leave.

I personally don't want to publicly talk about my IRL issues. It makes me extremely uncomfortable to get serious like that, and no one should be made to do so, or feel bad about not doing so. We all have our rights as human beings. If you want to have a serious talk about your IRL issues, perhaps this (a forum for a video game, often used for reality escapism) is not the best place. That being said, you obviously have friends on here that you trust enough to give them your phone number, so why not send them a private message, as that's what friends are for? Talking about serious, personal issues is not generally what a stranger is for, and most of us probably feel anxiety around that, but I'm sure if you ever truly needed someone to talk to ASAP, all of us, as strangers (myself included), would flock to your aid no matter how uncomfortable it made us, how bad it made us feel, or whatever the reason.

So, in closing. I believe you have just misinterpreted some of the actions of our community members, and I don't think anyone here is really as bad as you seem to think (keep in mind, I'm just using the information you posted here, if there's more, feel free to explain it to me), and even if there are a few assholes on here who are truly mean people, just keep in mind that they 1: Probably have their own struggles that they're dealing with which in turn make them out to be these assholes you perceive. And 2: Are only a few people, in a mass of likeminded individuals who enjoy the same game as you, and are potentially great friends for you. So please don't leave your friends behind, and don't give up faith on STTT.

With hopes of your return,

Drunk Dog.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Big Al

Big Al I hit em' up VIP

I think it's really a shame when someone leaves the community because they feel like they don't belong.
    It seems like you've already made up your mind on leaving due to some very upsetting situations you've found yourself in.
    I had no idea you felt that way, I only wish I could have made you feel like you were apart of this place.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Welcome to the internet! Home of harassment and disrespect. It is sad that you are leaving. You seemed like a pretty good guy. But, here is why you shouldn't leave due to some of the internet not liking, from my experience. (please realize this has nothing to do with your current irl problems, just in the community)
    1. The internet is the kindest place on earth, especially in gaming communites. There are some players on STTT (that may not be well known) that do not like each other, disregard people, and make them not feel welcome. Heck, if this is directed towards you, it hurts sometimes. But, does it really matter that a few people out of your amount of friends in a huge community don't like you? It may hurt for a while, but you overcome it too.
    2. Your friends obviously want you to stay, but they are people that want you gone. Heck, I've gone through this. About %90 of the community hated me a while ago, including about %99 of the staff. I was told horrible things and was wanted gone, but I stayed. Friends here helped me out and said I shouldn't leave because of them. Think of it this way, you are leaving your friends behind due to other's opinions? Yes I know words do hurt, but I assure you, there are people here that want you here.
    In conclusion, it really is a shame you have left the community, and have put forth such drastic plans, but I believe you have taken it the wrong way. The whole community doesn't want you gone. I don't want you gone, and your friends, and the people that don't like you. Good luck.
    EDIT: typo ofc

Last edited: Mar 22, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. TheCoCoFTW

TheCoCoFTW Veteran Member

Sad to see you go, you were pretty cool. Peace. <3

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. This is you're experience not the truth, you can't possible say that. I'm new this this community, but I'm around allot others aswel, and like most say, you cannot expect everyone to like you or you like anybody just play for fun. It is always sad to see people go but these kinds of farewell tend to tick me off because it is so negative while if you just would have a different mindset about it you could just easily enjoy the game.

Anyway seeya

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. KiraTheGreatGod

KiraTheGreatGod Active Member

Goodbye, Electric, you really were a good player and person. I wish you luck for wherever you go next. Have a nice life.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. DAMN YOU FOR LEAVING! I WANT ATLEAST ANOTHER PRINCESS MOVIE NIGHT BEFORE YOU LEAVE! GOT IT PUNK?

But seriously though, I'm gonna miss you man.

Don't let the hate of few overthrow the love of many! Remember, if you ever need to talk to someone, I'll always be here! I have gone through some issues like this before, but trust me! You can get through them! All you need is to pick out the people who respect you, and then hang out with them!

I know that this probably will not do anything to your decision, and I respect that, but people giving you shit should be a sign that other's love you more than them. I mean, just by messing around and saying "I got yo back bro!" you are telling them that you will respect them. Little things help. Simple little things, like when I said "I got you!" to "favorite staff member" forum post to @Irritatingness. He told me that he was having a bad day, but that this made him feel better. Doing things like this will help you get through this. Ever since I did this Irritatingness and I (I think anyway) have come to respect each other, all from one little act.

Even if you do leave this community, please don't make the reason "they didn't like me" because you know that we did. If you leave, how will we all sing "Frozen" songs together anymore? That day that we did the "Princess Movie Night" was probably my favorite night on the STTT Community. Even if you quit TTT, be sure to come back and scream about your dog again in the mic for me, will ya?

With BEST regards,

Atoz

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Happy

Happy Laughter is the best medicine. VIP

Bye. I always had fun with you while on the servers. :( I remember getting into the D room with you and you would let everyone in. Then you would jihad. I'm sad to see ya go.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  12. s1rcool

s1rcool Active Member VIP

The World is never perfect and not everyone is perfect.

A community is never flawless. There will always be those people who you hate and get annoyed of. As a community, members must spot the mistakes and correct them.
    Help each other out.

As I can see that you were leaving because of staff, to be completely honest not every staff member is perfect, others may be rude, others may be nice.
    In the time in my servers I think I know who these handful of staff members are and Yes I do not like them and what I want to say is let them be. If they are rude then let them be so, no point in changing them if they don't want to change.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Drunk I will share with you the information that pushed me to this decision, of course ill be on the servers as a regular person, nothing more than just having fun. I know this was a harsh resignation to those who I intended to it be for, but for those who think that I am being just a negative person, please explain to me how I can be on here for nearly a year and now resign. There is a breaking point in everyone and this was mine. So to drunk dog, I can go on teamspeak using the STTT server teamspeak since there is no other teamspeak connection I know lol.

14. Lightning

Lightning Bringing the Thunder VIP

So you're not leaving?

• Winner Winner x 2
  15. I'm leaving the community in a way where I'll be like a ghost, watching the forums or shoutbox never responding. I won't be talking to nearly all members I didn't consider to be kind hearted or just rude;therefore, if I am not going to be speaking to most members of the community permanently it is practically saying goodbye with a dash of there needs to be some change. To me STTT will just be TTT with some friends I love on the server.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  16. DieKasta

DieKasta :Blackalien: Forever VIP

This is starting to just seem like a cry for attention...

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. Romulus

Romulus The Alpha VIP

What is truly the purpose of this posting? You come onto the forums, type how you were treated horrible by almost every single member and staff, and expect us to review it in a positive manner? You think that, just because someone perhaps is not as open and helpful as others, they deserve to perish, leaving you, the somehow almighty and justified? Simply because you got a few bad tastes from people who probably weren't even real members of STTT? Because there is no way in hell a member from STTT, much less a staff member, would have disrespected you, told you to shut up and that no one cares about your feelings, problems, or existence, and to get off the server. Call me arrogant, but why are you going to shit-talk a community that actually takes cares of its members, simply because you had a bad internet experience and now only taste bitterness? If this is truly how you feel, and you believe that a great majority of STTT is caustic, stubborn, and rude beyond belief, and that, due to your few misfortunes, the ENTIRE community is a failure, then leave. The reason STTT has thrived for so long is we know how to weed out the ones who don't belong, the ones who drag us down; either we get rid of them, they leave, or we make them stronger.

My reply is NOT an attack on you, it is on your mind process and thoughts. You will not shame a community that takes pride in staying around so long, and remaining fair and friendly, simply because you got a bit sad. Now I didn't want to reply to this, because, as DieKasta said, it seems a bit of a plea, but I will not idle and stand by while you bad-mouth a community I've found to be one of the best out there.

Regardless of your decision, I will not reply anymore; my words have been said, I think your post is entirely misguided, incorrect, and downright slander.

C'est la vie, et bon débarras.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. Darktooth

Darktooth I was #1 VIP

Just a reminder.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. The last and final thing Darktooth for I know it would defeat the purpose of a farewell. I want to say a final thing to anyone who has read this, rated a post or anything else. I wrote this, yes at the heat of the moment so somethings may seem harsh than others. You might be thinking I am very negative and dramatic about the situation than it needed be, but I'll ask everyone a question. Why would I now, after somewhat half a year of playing, write this? After dealing with this negativity for nearly 7 whole months of being a part of the community, now write this? The answer is that I could not handle how much people excluded you or rejected you because of your annoying personality and if they could not tolerate you. I am not asking anyone to tolerate me but to at least accept me for who I am. If you cannot accept a person for a reason like that, well that is what I meant as indecent. So I do not leave here on a negative note, I will be back again or never, it depends if I see a change in those people who I saw were indecent. So all of you who support the server and all who agree with me, I am not writing this to slander this community, but rather yet, to give my voice, to share my opinion, and to engender a call for change, not a change to staff, not a change to the game, but a change of how we interact as a community and accept each other even though we may not be able to tolerate them.

20. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

Your signature literally screams give me attention.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.