Goodbye, Moonmen!

Discussion in 'Farewells' started by Zack, Jan 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve Mason

Steve Mason Honesty. Banned Gold VIP

tfw no tag.

Jokes aside you were an exceptional staff member. You were determined to fight for what was right to the point (I know) annoyed staff members but not me. You were poised to fight for what was right, and that's something I can relate with. It's a shame things ended this way but of course all that stuff comes first before this community.

Wish you the best with everything and take care.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Lone Wanderer

Lone Wanderer The One and Only VIP

Damn. This is a resignation that I definitely didn't want to see anytime soon.

You were a truly great staff member during your time here, Rick . You were always level-headed and fair. You stood your ground, and formed your own opinions, and you weren't afraid to stick out from the herd. Your training during my most recent trial period was very helpful, and you continued to help me grow as a moderator even after that period was over. So thank you for that.

It's good that you're taking some time away from staffing here to get your life together. You've done more than enough for this community, imo, so don't feel like you're letting anyone down here by taking some time away to right things for yourself. SGM will be here when you return, which is hopefully sooner rather than later. I'd wish you good luck, but I don't think you'll need it; from all my interactions with you in the past few months, you seem like the kind of person that can make it through the hard, challenging times, and come out on top.

Go kick life's ass, Rick. We'll see you on the flip side!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Shaddoll

Shaddoll Okay doomer. VIP

I wish I would have gotten to know you better man. See you whenever you return o7

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. tz-

tz- feelin it VIP Emerald

cya l8er alig8er
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Rozboon

Rozboon Forgive and Forget, or just forget. VIP

@Rick as you move through to fix everything remember one thing, you are NOT pathetic, the fact that you're able to get up and push yourself through your situation proves that, and shows a lot about you to the rest of us, resilient, strong and many other things as you can see reading posts here.

Keep your head up, concentrate on what's important and come back when you get back onto stable ground with a solid roof over your head.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. Amatsu

Amatsu Emerald

We've disagreed on stuff before, but I wish you good luck out there, and will eagerly await your return.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Cafedemocha

Cafedemocha 2319 VIP

Rick :cry: sad to see you go buddy and I hope everything turn out alright for you in the future. Good luck!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. LegitCake

LegitCake Loyalty Banned VIP

Take care Rick, you were a very determined staff member and you turned out to be a pretty cool guy, even if I didn't get to talk with you very often.

Good luck with your housing situation, it's not an easy one but if you use that same determination that you used here and applied it elsewhere, you can accomplish anything!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

You know, the not tagging pacifist part really makes pacifist upset but he will get over it.

Rick, you were a fantastic moderator, and you put in dedication the likes I haven't seen in a very long time. You and Agent A were my personal heros, the kind of people that I wanted to be when I got older. You still are, so don't go out of here telling me that you are a failure.

Because to me,
    you're a winner.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. twitch.tv/echostorm2k ⚔️

twitch.tv/echostorm2k ⚔️ screwdriver Banned VIP Silver

at least you werent slated for demotion as you put it.
    Best of luck Rick. See you around.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. STONEY

STONEY I AM FIRE, I AM DEATH. VIP

Sadly I've been going through this for many years. Each day I wonder and strive for how I can pick myself up again and think of positive things to make me enjoy the day and ultimately life. It's not easy at all. Sorry to hear everything's going downhill for you Rick, you're a good guy. You and me have had some good laughs, which helps me brighten whatever type of day I am having. Just set out a plan, make priorities, and be not too hard on yourself, but try to push yourself in the direction you know you need to go.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  12. Dolph1n

Dolph1n Time is an adventure- if you know when to look. Banned Elite

Despite what happened on Roy the Ship, I think you're a really cool guy. Don't change that.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Desert

Desert Nein! Nein! Nein! VIP

I must say, this one hits me hard.

You were one of the first staff members I became friends with here, you were always professional, rational, and you really cared for others. I could see it.

You were a good mod, and a good friend too.

With that said, farewell, talk to me on steam anytime you want ;)

I hope your life situation improves and that you don't have so much stress and weight on your shoulders

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. Mr. Disco

Mr. Disco Jeff Lynne is a musical genius. VIP

See ya rick. Loved you. You were an amazing mod.
    Glad I got to play with for for these past 2 weeks.

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. Giraffe

Giraffe We take the small victories VIP Silver Emerald

Rick, our time together hasn't been long, but for me it felt like forever.
    Our friendship is something I'll cherish.
    This isn't a goodbye so I'll stop acting like it, but I look forward to your updates while you're on the up and up.
    You're the man, man.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  16. Anna

Anna before we fade VIP

Not pathetic at all man honestly. Life fucking sucks and I'd try to stay away from it lost in somewhere else as long as I could if I had a chance. Doesn't make you a coward. Just means you're human.

I hope everything all works out and that you're able to sort out everything and keep a roof over your head. You were a good Mod. Always bringing to light new stances on already concrete conceptions, I never once disliked a conversation we had. If you ever need someone to talk to, you got me on steam :>

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  17. Solar

Solar El Dorado VIP

Farewells are actually just long-term BRBs. You're a good guy Rick, you should be fine. Best of luck in whatever you do in the future, and see you when I do. Until then, I'll wait until you're part of the staff team again.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Guardia

Guardia The future refused to change, Game Over. VIP

Rick my man! Sad to see these things happen to a good man, but nonetheless I wish you nothing but the best of luck in your future! It seemed short lived on what i believed to be a good friendship between me and you, and for what the memories we have so far, im gonna miss our times together. You were an amazing mod and instantly raises the mood in any channel you joined. Hopefully we will be able to play some Terraria here and there in the future!

"The Only Easy Day, Was Yesterday"

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Even though we talked once I will always remember it. Thank you for just talking to me in TeamSpeak, It really makes my day.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. Mr Butters

Mr Butters For a few to be immortal, many must die. VIP

OMG GUYS I GOT A FUCKING TAG :love: But seriously Rick, you did a great job, you screwed up here and there but you recovered and learnt from it which was great too see. We once had a serious talk about your life/job stuff, I wish you the best of luck man, I hope you eventually get a dream job, even if you have to start from the bottom, you'll be ok.

I hope to see you around still of course, now you dont have to deal with all my reports and question your life because of the 10 reports on Mr Butters a round.:p hmu if you ever need a friend Ricko.

Admit it those tagless folks are way less beloved :p

• Funny Funny x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.