Sticky Former Staff

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Change-up, Sep 2, 2014.

1. BorkWoof

BorkWoof VIP

F

2. Renko

Renko VIP Iron

EDIT 3: It really happened.

3. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

So 20 staff members.

Were they unprofessional
    Sugarcoating things
    Memeing about 6 figures or your hours spent on ark
    On your hitlist for a while now?

Whatever the case may be, enjoy the immense struggle to rebuild. My clan as I've said many times I've been here fell apart like this and it was not even as large of an implosion as this so if you rebound I'll be very impressed, but this is a stain that'll haunt you for as long as sgmod exists and the actions of last night and the ghosts of the fallen lingered past the old regime of my clan. What i am saying is, the clan tried to rebuild after a two year hiatus and it was never the same even then. Want to know what happened to its downfall then? The original owner returned and destroyed it again.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. Yatty ☄️

Yatty ☄️ Yatt'em VIP Silver

Nothings really changed, they'll still just play league all day lol

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  5. CorallocinB

And highwon can play ark all day too

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  6. Yatty ☄️

Yatty ☄️ Yatt'em VIP Silver

You're right, it's a two way street.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. CorallocinB

Not a two way street if he's gotta remove 20 staff members for doing what's being displayed by himself: Spending copious amounts of time on games other than Gmod. Speaking their minds when they shouldn't, but he'll freely express his opinion as law without any repercussions (like 20 staff members were just a bug to him), acting as if this place is a fast food chain and can find staff members at the touch of a button when he couldn't even fill out the staff groups for the past 2 months now because "quality of quantity". The 20 staff members were essentially mirroring their superior in their line of work, so he only brought this on himself with how he has done things lately.

But hey, when you're the owner you're never wrong in anything you do. So, I can't argue about whatever he has done and you'll use it to your advantage when you're going to be a staff member again. However, if that's the case and these 20 staff members were in essence mirroring Highwon then how are they in the wrong too?

Removing 20 staff members, some who have created an amazing community image within the past year (clearly not in his eyes, but hey he's the right one here) and have spent more time and effort than anyone else who could've been a staff member (and arguably Highwon himself but hey Im wrong because im saying this about the Owner) could not have enjoyed their lives anymore than what transpired last night because of their liberation from what can only be called a prison at this point.

The single best thing that could've saved this community last night was Highwon deleting the shoutbox before he wanted to publicly go on a shooting spree in the middle of a busy park. Something that many people have done, ie: talk about appeals, reports, anything happening between staff members or on the servers which are immediately silenced by the staff members who are now gone, he did himself to no restraint in the end being a total hypocrite to his ideals and foundation of business he created himself.

Destroying everything you've built because you allowed your community to go into this direction that he disliked clearly for this long now only to find that you had 12 admins, now 4... 3 lead admins now 1... nearly full mod groups now barely 25% of the spots filled means that his negligence in the "quality over quantity" code of conduct in his eyes is laughable at this point.

And to anyone who looks at this situation as an opportunity to join the staff team after being unable to, congratulations you've learned how to operate in the real world however you'll be under the management of Highwon whose business platform is built on a fantasy operation.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
    • Winner x 13
    • Agree x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Dumb x 1
  8. Adrian Shephard

Adrian Shephard VIP Silver

If tbis is the down fall of sgm and shtting down all servera then guys you were all awsome

• Friendly Friendly x 6
  9. GunAndBomb

GunAndBomb Explosive Banned VIP

WHEN he intervened the system failed. He wanted to delete staff teams from teamspeak but when everyone disagreed with him he went apeshit. This isn't the first time he's thrown a temper tantrum because people disagreed with his bad ideas and it probably won't be the last time. He needs to grow the fuck up.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  10. Santa Claus

Santa Claus Best Member VIP Bronze

I did not know this. I thought this whole ordeal started when anna get demoted. At least we have a bunch of advisers to help him make the right decisions.

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. GunAndBomb

Yea, it's best to get the whole story before jumping to conclusions. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. CorallocinB

It was not just about Anna. Sure, the conversation about Anna last night sparked a fire between Rogers and Highwon and eventually others joined it but what started it all was people starting jabbing Highwon. People did not like how highwon ran things, now whether that was pertaining to Anna's demotion or not depends on why they left last night which I can only assume that 20 people did not leave because anna was demoted.

Rogers was demoted for disagreeing with Highwon and because he was unprofessional when Highwon was clearly just as unprofessional as anyone else could've been last night (mirror their superior)

HMF demoted for going rogue because of Highwon demoting 4 other people (but what tipped him over watch Sinz's demotion for saying Anna sugarcoated her reason to being demoted which to Highwon was spreading a lie, picking at straws to just get rid of Sinz), it's not just about Anna. It's also about Highwon.

It's not like that CEO analogy though, Highwon is running this like a fast food place.

He left them to do their own thing, and it was working from what everyone else saw. Anna created half of the admins within the last year. These admins were picked by the lead admins that highwon also picked. Highwon was always intervening from what I can tell. His staff he surrounded himself with were working in what could only be assumed was his best interest, clearly not. The worst thing he did was intervene and do it publicly, the best thing he could've done was taken this private somewhere.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Amatsu

Amatsu Emerald

Actually, I've been here quite awhile. With nearly 700 total hours of play across all the servers (except vanilla, that place sucks), 'short time' does not even remotely apply. But try again, why don't you?

As for me donating, I had considered it last night since I have some money, but it'll got towards games where the owners don't flip out and fire some of his best staff over a minor dispute.

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Santa Claus

Oh, I have no respect for anyone that got demoted yesterday (edit: EXCEPT ANNA LOVE U). Mad respect for those who resigned though.

None of you acted like leaders

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. CorallocinB

They were acting on their own to voice their digressions with the Owner only to be demoted.

Standing up for what you believe in and being shunned, banned, etc for it is one of the things that this community has always tried to prevent.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  16. RhazhBash

RhazhBash Professional Button Presser VIP

Knowing the reason DT disagreed with Highwon in the first place I can safely say that Highwon was listening to the community and the staff got mad at him for it. Seriously some of the people who left were trapped in a bubble with a few people and ignored the rest of the community.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  17. Adrian Shephard

Adrian Shephard VIP Silver

Please no shit of what you are talking is going to change a shit so please calm the fuck down

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  18. Santa Claus

Nope. Everyone (even highwon) went about this whole ordeal the wrong way. I don't really care if they're speaking up for themselves, the shoutbox isn't a place for drama and hostility. There were 10 mods spamming GIF's. The only person who did the right thing was @Opalium , partly because he was sleeping but still. He took no sides.

Nobody would've been demoted/banned/resigned if it weren't for the shitty ass behavior shown by what we should see as the community leaders. Yeah, they got pissed off at Highwon but shit, show some decency.

I can't even.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. CorallocinB

I agree. This could've been handled much better by everyone involved. No one is safe here.

The thing is: Highwon was the one who needed to handle this professionally in the first place. He degrading his image to that of a ruffian allowed others to do the same.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. GunAndBomb

Are you fucking serious? How ignorant can you be? You weren't in discord or teamspeak when all this shit went down. You know nothing.

• Dumb Dumb x 4