Fix cancelled KOS's rule

Discussion in 'Rules and Protocol' started by Tommyy, Jan 16, 2017.

1. Tommyy

Tommyy New Member

So I called an accidental KOS on a player and said no right after -- > player gets killed almost 2 minutes later -- > I get slain for my accidental KOS.
    I clearly said no to the KOS right after, but I got slain for it.

http://imgur.com/gallery/ytIjM
    The whole thing is explained ^

This is not to call out any staff members or players. The issue just needs to be fixed for future problems.
    For the second slide, I Called an accidental KOS right after FRK killed zomb.org. I forgot to include that in because I'm clumsy.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  2. Lone Wanderer

Lone Wanderer The One and Only VIP

There really isn't such a thing as cancelling a KOS according to our rules. If you call a KOS on a player in someway, and that player is killed as a result of that KOS, you are directly responsible for their death. So, if there was no valid reason for the KOS, you would then be slain if that player was killed.

Part of the reason why you can't "call off" a KOS is because there's a lot of room for confusion in the server. Players could hear/see the KOS, but miss you calling it off. There could be a number of reasons why they miss that part of it, but typically, people pay special attention to people actually calling KOSes. While, ideally, it's obviously not the best of situations when someone carries out your KOS even though you called it, you're still responsible for it, because you're the one that called it out in the first place. I can see the mentality that some of that responsiblity should fall on the player who carried out the KOS anyways, but we have rules in place to account for some of the chaos that can occur in TTT, and this is one of them.

So, I think that the way we do things now should stay. The main responsiblity for the KOS should fall on the one who called it originally, even if they call it off. You need to be careful when calling them, and have 100% proof when doing so. This kind of rule helps ensure that kind of behavior so that people are calling KOSes based off weak information and then calling it off once they figure out it's wrong without fear of being punished if someone carries it out.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Tommyy

Tommyy New Member

Yes, but the thing is that I accidentally pressed a bind on my keyboard and I never called him out on voice. I even said NO KOS ON FRK after the NO in chat in voice communication. I just don't understand how they couldn't read a line below the KOS in chat. This really irritated me as if the player saw, " FRK is a traitor!" but not the NO@FRK right after. It's just like they went blind to chat right after the KOS. The player should've scrolled up just to make sure.

4. Chai

Chai returned; VIP

In my opinion, this situation where you accidentally kosed a person and in an attempt to call it off promptly, can be related to "OH IT WAS A MISCLICK! Soooooooooooooorrrrrrry"

According to our rule, accidental rdm is consider as rdm, therefore it is not a suprise that actions would be taken against the culprit unless discretions are advised.

• Agree Agree x 9
  5. Tommyy

Tommyy New Member

Well that's a shame. I guess a lot of more people are going to get slain for accidental calls. Thanks :)

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Silent Rebel

Silent Rebel Lead Shitposter VIP

Nah, most people are careful with their binds. I can only remember ever being slain once or twice for this situation in my entire 1000 hours of play time.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Togo ✿

Togo ✿ Nobody Gets it VIP Silver

If you say no right after I think your just hitting your no bind
    You have to say no kos in the chat

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. Chastity4lyfe

Chastity4lyfe *Eye roll* VIP Silver

If you can learn to control your binds, then more people won't actually be slain for "accidental calls".

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

Technically the KOS could have been legit since he just killed someone. Just saying.

Obviously it was accidental, but because it wasn't revoked and the killer did not acknowledge it's revocation in any way, then you would be held responsible.

Basically when that rule was developed we did a Root Cause Analysis to determine what was the main reason the person was killed and, obviously, it was because the KOS was called on them.

10. NeverEnding

NeverEnding It's Never going to end. Trust me on this. VIP

In my opinion
    Once a kos have been called
    I just pressed tab and mark as kill.
    I regard less about it unless he's proven innocent in front of me.

If the kos was made because you were trying to callout a traitor in the crossfire, I think that's fine.
    since both wouldn't have survived if the traitor started traiting.

You just have to pray that this few thing happens
    (1) when the traitor get rid of the innocent you falsely kosed.
    (2) Make sure everyone get the news of ___ Is innocent! (and make sure to use your mic)

11. Tommyy

Tommyy New Member

Delete this thread please. Also, my VIP+ needs to be taken away because I have stopped donating. Thanks.

12. DocFox

If your rank hasn't expired it won't be taken away. Most VIP+ donations last 30 days.

However, if you decide to perform a charge back on your domation, you will receive a permanent ban. Serious GMOD has a "No Refund" Policy.

Also, if it's because of this thread that you want to leave, I'd like you to reconsider. Don't let one thread be the reason you leave.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. Tommyy

Tommyy New Member

Yes, I know about the No Refund Policy and I'm not leaving just because of this thread. My VIP+ ran out yesterday and I wanted it removed because I'm not a VIP+ anymore. I probably will barely get on anymore since I have other things to do now besides Garry's mod, thank you.

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. DocFox

Oh, well they get removed automatically once the ranks expire; just sometimes takes a little bit to actually reflect on the forums and in game.

Anyway, take it easy. I'm sure we will see you around.

15. Tommyy

Tommyy New Member

Yea, probably like once a week or so ingame :D. Ofc you'll see me around.

• Friendly Friendly x 1