Favorite Albums of 2016

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Kythol, Jan 7, 2017.

1. Kythol

Kythol ok Moderator VIP

About a week late, but better late than never. Just wanted to know what everyone's favorite album(s) of 2016 were. For me, two specific albums stood out:

Distant Like You Asked - Like Pacific

This album came out of left field for me. I tend to follow a few record labels to see who's coming out with what. One day, I saw a few uploads from Pure Noise Records that interested me. A band I had never heard of coming out with a new album. Decided to take a listen, specifically to the song Richmond. I was hooked IMMEDIATELY. Finished up the album and was still addicted. There's just something about this entire album that's extremely refreshing for the pop-punk genre and I absolute love it. Give it a listen, and if you enjoy, be sure to catch them on tour this Spring since they're opening up for Senses Fail's "Still Searching" 10 year anniversary tour!

Holy Ghost - Modern Baseball

Best album of the year. Hands down. Modern Baseball is a name I've seen thrown around a lot in the past few years. They've had some great albums in Sports and You're Gonna Miss It All, but I'd never listened to them. Never really felt like it. One day, I was watching a YouTube video and I heard a snippet of a song that I was really enjoying. Googled the lyrics and found the song Note To Self. Decided to take a listen to the rest of the album and was in awe. It is an absolute fucking masterpiece. The amount of raw emotion really connected with me and convinced me to take a listen to the rest of MoBo's stuff. I couldn't believe I had missed out on some of the best music I've heard in a LONG time. I was expecting this album to be topping year-end lists of "Best Albums of 2016". It was criminal to see how few lists contained this album, and the fact that only ONE put it as the best album of 2016 was even more frustrating. I absolutely love this album and cannot wait to see what MoBo have in store for the future.

p.s. I highly recommend watching Modern Baseball's "Tripping in the Dark". It's a 17 documentary that explains their history and what lead up to the making of Holy Ghost. Just a warning, it's a real tearjerker at some parts (specifically Brendan Lukens talking about his mental health).

• Winner Winner x 2
  2. GRYPHN

GRYPHN ♫ Thanks for the Memories ♫ VIP

I liked Korn's Serenity of Suffering. By far my favorite album from 2016. I was lucky enough to hear their song "Rotting In Vain" when it was made public at Chicago Open Air Fest. Korn took their album really heavy, They even had a song with the lead singer of Slipknot, Corey Taylor, called A Different World, It was pretty good.

3. Skyrossm

Skyrossm Ideal Female Moderator? VIP Emerald Bronze

It's pretty short but TheFatRat released Jackpot <3

• Like Like x 1
  4. Renko

Renko VIP Iron

>Modern Baseball

Great taste mate

Mine was American Football - American Football LP2 this is their third album , their last album was released in 1999 so I didn't expected that their music has changed.

I recommend this album if you want to be emo or you just need to get comfy.
    Emo in the 90's.flac

Death Grips - Bottomless Pit

New album from death grips.

5. Alpha Wolfy

Alpha Wolfy Nocturnal VIP

Starboy by The Weeknd.
    24k Magic by Bruno Mars
    Mind of mine by Zayn
    I think you think too much of me by EDEN
    Awaken, my love! by Childish Gambino
    Ology by Gallant
    4 Your Eyez Only by J. Cole
    Mad Love by JoJo
    The Human Condition by Jon Bellion
    Joanne by Lady Gaga
    Anti by Rihanna
    Nothing's real by Shura
    4 Your Eyez Only, Awaken, my love!, and Starboy are my top 3 favorites.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Togo ✿

Togo ✿ Nobody Gets it VIP Silver

4 Your Eyez
    Only 24k Magic
    Awaken my love
    Starboy
    Passion, Pain & Demon Slayin
    Savage Mode
    views
    i missed some for sure but those are the ones i can think of right now

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Shaddoll

Shaddoll Okay doomer. VIP

Awaken My Love - Childish Gambino
    • Amazing album pulling R&B and soul influences into Gambino's work. Didn't expect to like it as much as I did.
    Dance Gavin Dance - Mothership
    • Generally the same sound since their new singer came along. It was still amazing though. The production was amazing on this one and Will Swan always stuns me with his riffs.
    The White Noise - Aren't you glad? EP
    • These guys are new. They're slaying the hardcore scene right now. Influences from hardcore punk and metalcore.
    Erra - Drift
    • Technical metalcore. Plain and simple. Extremely well done on this album.
    In Hearts Wake & Northlane - Equinox EP
    • Heavy, deep, ballsy metalcore. 2 bands collab on all these songs bringing the best aspects from both into this 3 song EP. Meant to be listened to all at once.
    Those are my favorites released this year. Hope y'all like them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Mr. Disco

Mr. Disco Jeff Lynne is a musical genius. VIP

ELO's Discovery album was my blast in 2016. Loved it.

9. Sir Clutch

Sir Clutch they gonna talk bout me Banned VIP

3001: A Laced Odyssey - Flatbush Zombies
    Everybody Looking - Gucci Mane
    Islah - Kevin Gates
    Passion, Pain & Demon Slayin' - Kid Cudi
    Lil Uzi Vert Vs. The World - Lil Uzi Vert
    Summer Songs 2 - Lil Yachty
    Birds in the Trap Sing McKnight - Travis Scott
    Radical $Uicide - $uicideBoy$
    Savage Mode - 21 Savage

• Agree Agree x 1