dramatic title

Discussion in 'Farewells' started by Sinz, Feb 21, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Sinz

Sinz crumble VIP Silver

Some could describe my time here at SeriousTTT as short, with their upward of years of commitment being a member of the community whereas I've only been here for a year and a couple of months. In this time I'd like to believe I've accomplished something, changed someone or impacted a group of people improving their time spent here playing on our servers or posting on our forums. I'd like to believe I made a difference.

When I was a Moderator, staffing was a blast, hell, it was competitive. "Who could get the most hours?" or "Who could train the most trials?". It filled this never ending hole inside of me. Who needed friends when you had a server of 36 players, right? I did a pretty good job, I started to notice it myself. When the thought of becoming an admin sparked, I had my goals set. I befriended other mods and admins then slowly gained recognition. As an Admin, I clocked in hundreds of hours biweekly, most of the time more than the mods and I slowly but surely saw my academic and social life deteriorate. There was an evident problem: I was extremely unhappy and I was good at hiding it. But, the thoughts of sorrow were immediately shrouded by the possibility of a promotion to Lead Admin. This was selfish of me, accepting a high ranking position knowing my current dilemma. After months of putting it off, I've finally said to myself enough is enough. I was what we describe a handful of applicants, emotionally unstable.

It's the end of the road for me and letting go is the first step towards my ambitions.

I'm thankful for everything this community has done for me and I'd hope what I've done for you could be something that has made you happy.

If there's two people I could to tag who have made the biggest impact on me, it'd be @Darktooth. You're an amazing person and anyone who has crossed paths with you knows it. Wherever you are, you lighten up the mood and make someone smile and for that I am grateful to have met you. And @Slicck, the brightest Canadian guy I know.

@Highwon, don't try to work too hard.
    @Admins, I don't think you'll ever get a 5th slot.
    @Mods, thank you for your exceptional service.
    @Community, I can say it's been a joy meeting every single one of you. Troll or not, you've all impacted me. Even Toon Link.

edit: back again, hopefully for longer.
    edit 2: came back, but everything went wrong

Last edited: Dec 20, 2016
    • Friendly x 17
    • Dislike x 3
    • Like x 2
    • Winner x 2
    • Useful x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
    • Old x 1
    • Dumb x 1
  2. ZeRo

ZeRo :sneaky: Banned VIP Silver

WTF SINZ!? WHYYYY :(

You will be missed on the staff team. I hope you stick around for a while in the community though.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

4. Armour

Armour Ok. VIP

The more I try to escape the community, the more you pull me back in.

Goodbye, Sinz.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. ink

ink Genuine Happiness VIP Silver

Well, I RSGZHDGZZSGDBHXDGSD

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. TheCoCoFTW

TheCoCoFTW Veteran Member

Wow, i'm already depressed as it is with recent events and just seeing this makes me even more sad. Gonna miss you Sinz. You were a big help to and to many people here. Love you man. Good luck with your future and I hope it all goes well. Hopefully you will poke your head in from time to time. <3

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Serious Lawyerbot

Serious Lawyerbot Supporter

WHY! :( Hope life serves you well in your endeavors. This is truly a sad week in TTT. *Russian lighter ceremony*

In memory of @Sinz

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Master_Failure

Master_Failure master of failing.. not much more to say VIP

What the.. Alright it was an honor to get taught by you sinz and you were a great friend, just hi to us every once in a while ;), and good luck on your ventures!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Muffin

Muffin Fresh Baked VIP

You were a massive influence on me, to tell the truth. You indirectly forced me to strive and become better, and for that, I thank you. Thank you for your service, take care. Love ya bud.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Patrick

Patrick Ex-Deathrun Administrator VIP Silver

You were my moderator buddy, my administrator, and my friend. Do what you have to do, but never forget SeriousTTT is always there if you need help with anything. I don't care if it's simple math, or rocket science, this server has your back.

11. Finn

Finn Human VIP

Well this came as a surprise.

You believed in me, you taught me, you lectured me, and you let me come back. Can't ask for much more than that. Hope you find whatever it is you are searching for, you deserve it.

Rest in Peace.
    Edit:
    [​IMG]
    O Captain! my Captain! our fearful trip is done,
    The ship has weather’d every rack, the prize we sought is won,
    The port is near, the bells I hear, the people all exulting,
    While follow eyes the steady keel, the vessel grim and daring;
    But O heart! heart! heart!
    O the bleeding drops of red,
    Where on the deck my Captain lies,
    Fallen cold and dead.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2015
  12. Matt_Allen

Matt_Allen I'll miss you all VIP

I didn't expect this Sinz. You were another great staff member. I'm truly sad to see you go. Take care.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Butters

Butters VIP

Damn. . .
    Hopefully things change for you, buddy!
    Keep your head up, & if you ever get the time; play a game of League with me.
    Once again, best of luck to you and your academic goals.

14. Espurr

Espurr #AlwaysStabEspurr Administrator VIP

Ok, so... is the resignation train done?

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  15. Faithful

Faithful VIP Silver

I'm gonna miss you man, you we're always a joy to be around. I hope everything goes well and I wish you good luck. <3

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Serious Lawyerbot

Serious Lawyerbot Supporter

Resignation train goes CHOO CHOO *powered by tears*

17. Mr Butters

Mr Butters For a few to be immortal, many must die. VIP

But Sinz
    [​IMG]

#Neverforget :cry:

• Like Like x 3
  18. The Law

The Law You fought the law and the law won. VIP Silver Emerald

You were the best Staff member we've ever had, but to be the best requires sacrifice... and I always wondered how you managed to do it. Thank you Sinz for not only being an amazing Lead Admin, but also what I've come to consider a great friend.

• Like Like x 1
  19. ryan4win

ryan4win I was supposed to do great things Banned VIP+ Silver

[​IMG]
    You were a great leader and role model Sinz, please play league with me and the other guys some time in the future.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Opii

Opii Keep it Simple. VIP

My admin, and then my admin again. You are what made the biggest impact on me in this career; I looked up to you in a way, though you're younger. You have great leadership skills and a way with words that no other has. I'd like to consider you a close friend (though I may get annoying by always asking "What's happening?" <3). I truly wish you the best and I hope you do something great with your skills. You have left some huge shoes to fill.

It was an honor serving as your moderator, and then your administrator. Take care, and visit often.

Bon voyage.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1