[DR] Achievements are LIVE!

Discussion in 'Deathrun Discussion' started by Chai, Oct 2, 2016.

1. Chai

Chai returned; VIP

We're incredible delighted that Achievement has finally been launched and available at our Deathrun server a few days ago.

First of all, I'm immensely grateful and appreciate the assistance I've been getting from the community(♥) who helped out throughout the testing phase and those who supported us even though we had such a rough start. The system went through a lot of iterations, I mean a lot. At this stage, we will be revising the system as needed and monitor its performance which has always been our top priority. You can always give us your support(highly recommended) by submitting bugs, feedback and how we could make it even better for you guys!

Next, I'll like to go through some details of the achievement system we have now. We'll split this into separated categories.

1. The Basics

[​IMG]

A. The row of buttons on the left

• General: Essential types of achievements.
    • Deathrun: Achievements made specifically and emphasizes on deathrun only.
    • Prestige: This the menu where you should visit in order to prestige up.
    • Leaderboard: This menu presents the Top 10 Players sorted by the highest tier and the highest number of achievements at its current tier. More on this later.
    • Settings: If you like the ability customize colors of the menu, the representation of the prestige badge, please do visit this menu. Most importantly, you can set a key to toggle the achievement panel for easier access.

B. The progress bar on the top

• Green color: Represents the progress of the achievement you made so far.
    • What are the numbers for?
    • [​IMG]
      • 2 represents the number of achievements completed
      • 28 represents the total number of achievements (Does not include bonus achievements)
    • Simply fill up the bar till it reaches the other prominent color which is faded yellow for this example. This simply means that you have accomplished 80% of the total of achievements and you're now eligible to prestige up.
    2. Scalable Achievements
    - Achievements that requires an individual to pull off more efforts, skill and progress at higher prestige tiers.
    An example of a scalable achievement would be Jumpy:

• Progress needed at Tier Novice (Prestige 1): 150
    • Progress needed at Tier Bronze (Prestige 2): 300
    • Progress needed at Tier Silver (Prestige 3): 450
    • So forth and so on.
    3. Bonus Achievements
    - Achievements that can only be achieved by accomplishing certain rules set. They do not affect the total number of achievements, hence they are bonuses to ease your way to prestige up!
    An example of a bonus achievement:

• Kill your first death as a runner.
    4. Prestige Tiers
    - As it stands, we have a total of 7 prestige tiers - Novice, Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, Diamond and finally, Challenger. (Low to High)

[​IMG]
    Looks familiar? We bet.

5. Leaderboard
    Before I dive into the details, I would like to give a BIG shout out to @Verified for the lovely animation he made (The fancy slide up transition row by row when you first open up the leaderboard). Love it!

[​IMG]

Alright, first thing first, the leaderboard presents the Top 10 Players based on prestige tiers, highest at the top and the number of achievement that have accomplished by an individual at their current tier.
    Once you prestiged, your number of achievement will starts off from zero and continues on.
    This feature allows us to implement competitiveness to a game you love and enjoy! BRING IT ON!

The leaderboard however is not in real-time, the Top 10 list refreshes on the next round.
    This is a limitation that we're willing to sacrifice in return of performance and stability.

> Click here to view the Leaderboard online! <
    Thanks to @Highwon :)
    Forget about logging in, you can check it out anywhere you are!

We'll be shipping improvements and interface changes into the achievement system and as well as the website leaderboard very soon!

That's all for now!
    Thank you for supporting us and keep an eye for new contents!!

Last edited: Oct 2, 2016
    • Winner Winner x 13
  2. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

You've made me love the community again, you god damn genius Chai!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. veri

veri Creating Order VIP Silver

Great work, Chai!
    It's nice to see achievements added back into deathrun after an, admittedly, shaky start back during the anniversary.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

All I hope is, if I play w/ Highwon on DR, that I actually get the "Play w/ Owner" achievement.

It's been scaring me since the test run... We've been ran by some unknown entity who isn't the owner.

Excellent work!

5. Chai

Chai returned; VIP

Please refrain from prestiging up til further notice.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2016
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Mason

Mason Banned VIP Silver

where's master tier?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Mr. Disco

Mr. Disco Jeff Lynne is a musical genius. VIP

[​IMG]

To be honest, I'd rather the tab be named "Achievements" It's like !hop shows the tab of "Serious Gmod Servers" or something similar. It sounds better than showing a tab with "Hop"

8. Chai

Chai returned; VIP

A patch has been deployed which encompasses the changes below:

1. Fixed prestige up bug.
    2. Corrected the total number of achievements accomplished in the leaderboard.
    3. Achievements panel has been renamed to Achievements. Thanks to @Quit
    4. Sharpshooter(headshot)'s achievement has been fixed.
    5. Close One's achievement has been fixed.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Carned

Is the fall on DR_Wood high enough to get the achievement for landing on less than 10HP? Ive done that twice but no achieve?

10. Chai

Chai returned; VIP

The bug has been addressed.

Thank you and I apologize for the inconvenience caused.

11. Carned

<3

12. Carned

"Kaboom" is randomly resetting - I had 5/20 earlier and just check and now I have 1/20.

13. Carned

Ok i think all achievements you earn toward but dont complete reset if an admin+ forces map change.

14. Highwon

Highwon Owner VIP Silver

Okay all the achievement data had to be reset due to the prestige bug. I am so sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
  15. Chai

Chai returned; VIP

Addressed exploitable achievements. Huge thanks to @Jässa for reporting!

• Winner Winner x 3