Does a crab think that a fish can fly? - A quality shitpost by Jakey. [Feel free to debate]

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Jakey, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Jakey

Jakey Member

I was sitting in my chair and considering all the possibilities of life when I came across the following prompt online: "Does a crab think that fish can fly?"

This astonished me and I set out on a journey to answer a few things:

1) How similar is a crab to a human?

2) How similar is an airplane to a fish?

3) Based on the previous two answers, what is the probability that a crab thinks that fish could fly?

The best way we can start is to compare from an outsiders perspective. How similar are the viewpoints of both humans and crabs to planes and fish respectively.

To answer this question, I have created two gifs:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

As you can see, both the plane and the fish move in a horizontal pattern perpendicular to the eyesight of the human or fish respectively.

This is just our beginning information... we need to answer our first question before we continue any further.

How similar is a crab to a human?

Let's first find some similarities:

• They both normally walk on some sort of surface
    • They both have arms and legs
    • They both have two eyeballs
    • They both poop (unless constipated)
    • They both usually live for more than two weeks

From these facts alone, we can conclude that both humans and crabs are virtually the same crustacean creature.

Now we need to answer our second question... How similar is an airplane to a fish?

Let's first find some similarities:

• They both have fins
    • They both can be eaten (here comes the airplane!!!! woooooooo!)
    • They both can have their silhouettes made into snack crackers (goldfish and airplane treats).

From these few observations, we can also conclude that airplanes and fish are the same thing. I am beginning to wonder why we don't use fish to fly instead of airplanes. This alone could easily combat the growing issue of global warming.

So far, we have answered two out of the three questions... so we are 2/3 of the way done or 66.666666666666666% or 0.66/1 of the way completed.

Our last question:

What is the probability that a crab thinks that fish could fly?

To answer this question, we first need to look into the definition of the ancient Greek word... "fly".

Dictionary.com describes the word "fly" as the following: to move through the air using wings.

We know that an airplane flies... but does a fish? A fish initially follows the second half of the definition because its fins are like a poor man's wings. But does a fish move through air?

Air has a compound of the following: The molecules of two different elements, nitrogen and oxygen, make up about 99 percent of the air. The rest includes small amounts of argon and carbon dioxide. (Other gases such as neon, helium, and methane are present in trace amounts.)

It is commonly known that water is made up of two parts hydrogen and one part oxygen.

Since they both have oxygen, we may conclude that water and air are pretty much the same thing.

So since a fish can practically fly, there is a really good chance that a crab thinks that fish fly... well... because they do.

[​IMG]

So yes... a fish is to a crab as a airplane is to a human...

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. Agent A

Agent A Veni, vidi, vici VIP Silver Emerald

But can a crab ride the fish like we can ride in the airplane?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Jakey

Jakey Member

This may be a topic for another session....

4. Togo ✿

Togo ✿ Nobody Gets it VIP Silver

if im swimming above a crab then does it think im its god

• Agree Agree x 1