Important Definition of a KOS

Discussion in 'TTT Discussion' started by Sinz, Apr 18, 2016.

1. Sinz

Sinz crumble VIP Silver

Recently, Highwon has shone some light on a way we've been playing the game that's been deemed a misconception. For as long as I could remember, stating that a person has done something traitorous was a reason to kill them - "Darktooth has a harpoon!", "Darktooth passed an unidentified body!", "Darktooth just shot Sinz!", etc. Unless you witness Darktooth committing these traitorous acts, you cannot kill him; you can have suspicion, however. A strict KOS must be stated.
    A player that interprets statements of suspicion [anything not listed above] as a KOS will be held accountable for the innocents killed because of it.

Open to questions or comments.

• Like x 14
    • Informative x 13
    • Agree x 3
    • Winner x 3
    • Funny x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
    • Dumb x 1
  2. DarkLegion

DarkLegion aka Alex VIP

You can still be killed for self implication correct? Saying something like "I just killed an innocent" and things like that?

3. Sinz

Sinz crumble VIP Silver

Correct.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. Darktooth

Darktooth I was #1 VIP

This isn't a new rule, by the way. It's always been this way, but misconceptions grew too large.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Zypther

Zypther #SuitUp VIP Bronze Iron

Just wondering, when was this rule put into place? Not spread but considered punishable?

EDIT: Also, I am confused on how this is a misconception, can we get some clarification on that? Because from what I remember it used to count as a kos for quite a while, why change it now/whenever it was changed?

6. Fox

Fox Banned VIP

Why is it that if you say "So-And-So has a knife / harpoon / T weapon" it isn't considered a KOS? In the rules it is stated that it is a T act

Also, is it considered a KOS if i say "Player1 killed player2" ?

7. Mr. Rogers

Mr. Rogers Lil Tokyo VIP Silver

It's to allow for a more relaxed discussion of gameplay, and the rule was always supposed to be this way, meaning it's what Highwon always intended, but just like a lot of things this rule was subject to miscommunication somewhere along the line and turned into the rule we all knew for a long time. It just happens to be that this specific misconception was extremely widespread.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Kythol

Kythol ok Moderator VIP

[​IMG] This feels too sarcastic even for me.

Thanks for the heads up.

9. Sinz

Sinz crumble VIP Silver

Jan 9, 2016
    Like @Mr. Rogers said, Highwon always intended for this to be the rule set in place, but along the road it was changed.

10. Turquoise

Turquoise Princess of Vanilla VIP

Thanks for clearing this up, but I still find it dumb and will probably haphazardly shoot people based on the stuff that isn't considered a KOS now. <3

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. Sinz

Sinz crumble VIP Silver

It'll be just a bit easier to trace a KOS now.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Rice

Rice stay golden. VIP

Q: Why did it take so long to make a public thread? ;)

13. Sinz

Sinz crumble VIP Silver

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

getting the specifics

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. TheGreen

TheGreen VIP

Eh. Not so much why did it take so long, but more along the lines of why did it need to be done, which is equally answered by the same realization.

You can't base anything on common sense or an unwritten law/code without it being misinterpreted as time goes on. More than likely this has only recently become an issue; a year ago this was standard procedure and would have led to the usual "it's always been like this" when questioned about it. It is now needing to be put into force due to the new medium of what is considered the "correct" way of doing things has and continues to be watered down and become much more broad/lazy.

For example:
    "Player 1 has a knife!" has suddenly become a KOS order compared to "KOS on Player 1, he had out a knife! KOS Player 1!".

It's not so much people are not doing it correctly, but more that people have become lazier with the actual usage and it slowly degrades it. Can't really blame them. I get lazy all the time, and I accept the consequences for that reason.

• Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  15. Rice

Rice stay golden. VIP

It was a joke lol. I'm ex staff.

• Winner Winner x 4
  16. Noctorious

Noctorious Your Best Nightmare VIP Emerald

Since when?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. TheGreen

TheGreen VIP

So, I'm so zoned out I managed to plug a massive amount of willpower and bearing into me to make a stable, coherent response in the most professional manner I can possibly muster in the weening times of 00:41 to a post that I failed to realize was not even serious? Tight.

On a serious note, at least what I said earlier still stands as a point for other posts to look to.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2016
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Silent Rebel

Silent Rebel Lead Shitposter VIP

Sinz felt the need to make this thread since... DUN DUN DUN! He was the one spreading the misconception this whole time!
    I've been waiting for this thread to be made. I've been in turmoil about this whole thing, especially since one of the only references to it the entire time has been wrong. (and it was nearly impossible to find in the extended rules, even after searching "kos"
    [​IMG]

edit; wrong link. Here u go http://www.seriousgmod.com/threads/...hing-traitorous-the-same-as-kosing-them.9680/

I used to disagree with this new ruling, but I've come to see the light. It allows players to make choices (such as not killing someone for having a harpoon, because you know they are innocent) and not be punished for it. ALSO, it helps avoid a loophole.

Silent Rebel: Sinz has a harpoon! It's ok though, hes a nice guy and got it from a traitor that I witnessed him kill.
    Idiot player: OH SINZ HAS A HARPOON?! you KOSD SINZ? *KILLS SINZ*
    *dead* Sinz: Why did u kos me? you were the one who saw me kill the traitor?
    *dead* Sinz: !slaynr silentdouchebag
    You will be slain next round.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. #DramaAlert

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Fransiee [Flatsh]

Fransiee [Flatsh] Active Member

I often see that people that called a kos for an unlegit reason, don't get punnished. they should right?