Deathrun Administrator

Discussion in 'Farewells' started by Patrick, Dec 17, 2016.

1. King_of_Assassins

King_of_Assassins VIP Emerald

Bottling things up doesn't help, you always did your job and are a fun person to talk too and yes everything you said about deathrun is accurate. It's sad so see you go for these reasons but know that no one blames you, you tried your hardest, but the deathrun player base is immature, your reasons to resign/leave are well founded. You will be greatly missed Patrick, I hope you thought of me as a friend as I thought of you in that way.
    Yours truly, King.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  2. Mr. Rogers

Mr. Rogers Lil Tokyo VIP Silver

Deathrun is a pretty weird place, you don't fit there. We fought for what we fought for but in the end the circumstances you were placed under would have made me want to leave too and I can't blame you for that.

You're a great guy and we'll always be able to talk and hang out. You didn't disappoint me what so ever, as I'm disappointed with the state of the deathrun server as much as you are.

See you on the rift.

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Tinbuster00

Tinbuster00 See you on the forums! VIP Silver Emerald

Peace bud, play league with me sometimes pls

4. Miss Alice

Miss Alice winky face VIP

It takes a lot to speak your mind freely, against the opinion of the majority. Never really had personal interactions with you but for that, you have my respect, and I'm really disappointed I never got to know you. Oh well, no changin' the past. Stay cool and take care. I'm sure you'll do well wherever else you might go.

• Like Like x 1
  5. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

It takes major huevos to say what you said, and with what I had to experience before I came to SGmod/STTT in my previous clan that I Co-led, too many times have I seen this sort of problem and I was in fact a part of their problems or they were a part of mine. In any case, to resolve those stressors I left the clan to prevent my hair from turning grey, emotions from being stirring into a vat of acid, and face from being stuck in a very pissed off mood all the time.

Whatever the case, great for you to say what you did and though it's commendable you've endured for as long as you have it's smart to realize your limitations or another's and move on to better yourself as well as be honestly with yourself. Good for you, see ya in SB.

6. EhhChris

EhhChris Advisor. VIP Silver Emerald

I like you Patrick but grievances are better handled in private. Whether you approach the situation with a fuck it attitude or not, it's just a good rule of thumb. Wasn't really necessary to do any outing etc, that can be done in private to superiors and the person in question first preferably. I'm obviously not in your shoes, but that's some advice I got a long time ago and it's served me well.

Either way, I'm glad you were able to serve in an administrative position here after the time you spent and amount of yourself you invested. Hope your future endeavors go well.

• Agree x 7
    • Optimistic x 5
    • Dislike x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Winner x 1
  7. ZeRo

ZeRo :sneaky: Banned VIP Silver

Never thought I would have ever seen you as an admin at any stage, but you did good. Have fun man.

Edit: I also do agree with what @irritatingness said as far as the grievances go.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. Yatty ☄️

Yatty ☄️ Yatt'em VIP Silver

I've always had high respects for you Patrick.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Chastity4lyfe

Chastity4lyfe *Eye roll* VIP Silver

I'm living for this honesty. (y)

• Agree Agree x 8
  10. Steve Mason

Steve Mason Honesty. Banned Gold VIP

Who else will butcher my name now :(. Wish you the best dude and I hope to see you return sometime, it's sad to see you leave for reasons like that. You were always a great guy to chill with and I genuinely appreciated how laidback you were, and serious (at times) you could be.

Sorry you had to leave this way and I hope to see you return.

11. Emtech2

Emtech2 The worst ones always live VIP Silver Emerald

Yeah, bottling things may not be good, but when you try to go against the one person that everyone fanboys over it's nearly impossible to say anything, when or if you do most the community hates you. As a former Admin I am not innocent in DR being the way it is however, 1 of 2 admins can't fix it. When I was admin Deathrun was the stepchild that nobody liked and nobody wanted to take care of. Bugs that would take 15 minutes to fix took weeks. It took almost a month to get a "custom gamemode" that is just taken off of facepunch and went live with multiple bugs like not being able to jump over obstacles and it took others to show Highwon how to fix it. Hopefully having a dev has helped fix this.

Yeah, Pat probably could've done very well on DR however, it was a uphill battle for him and will be an uphill battle for anyone that doesn't want to be a nazi admin and ruin the game. YES I WAS A NAZI ADMIN (however it was mainly to people who were loop holing other rules so admin discretion helped there. Getting a lead on DR to ban someone was impossible so I wasn't going to try to get loophole evidence) Mods and admins who are not nazis are called lazy and at least one mod got demoted mainly because they didn't want to be a strict asshole.

Yes it is, I think this is an opportunity for the Leads to step in and stop mods/admins from being so strict that it ruins the game. An example would be @NoHackJustGood's most recent report. If you haven't seen it here is the video. This user said "Who wants to die" in a bit of a deeper voice. In no way did this ruin the game for anyone however, he got gagged. The mic spam rule is being abused so moderators/admins can use their powers and until action is taken against things like this DR will be considered the toxic, cringe, Nazi filled server that it's been considered to be for a long time. Did I help DR's reputation, no, but that doesn't mean I can't try to recommend how to fix it.

DR has only hit 30 players once this month. Fix problems like nazi mods and any bugs and DR could be successful. There are no good DR servers out there and SGM has the chance to be the best and is currently throwing it out the window. Want to keep the server "full" of immature kids who will suck the dick of staff? Fine don't change anything. Want the server to be full, bring in donations, and possibly have more than one platinum donator? Fix the staff issue and fix any problems the server may have on a game mode level.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

• Informative x 9
    • Like x 5
    • Disagree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  12. Grace

Grace 真夜中 VIP Silver

Wow, I didn't expect that.

It's sad to see you go, Pat, I saw how much effort you put into DR and the way you talked about it with me seemed like you had so many plans. It takes a lot to stand up for yourself and speak the truth like this, and for this I admire you and I'm sure others do too.
    I hope you stick around despite all of this, since you're a pretty amazing guy and probably one of the funniest I've ever met.

p.s fight your own fucking battles in civ 5 bich
    p.p.s stop losing our streaks you ass

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  13. Kawaii

Kawaii Paper Towns

God damn it patrick. my shoulder is open if your head is heavy. though you'll have to be sitting down and ill be on a ladder

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

First tag in a farewell this year hype.

But yes I see you points, I spent a few weeks on DR back in October and its a difficult kettle of fish, the nature of the game mode in itself doesn't promote the level of immaturity? that it should, my main reason for suggesting DR back in 2015 was my experience on a previous DR server that was chill and just had people chatting as friends and discussing stuff, but as @Emtech2 said DR needs love put into it and being honestly its gotten so little love the it is probably nonredeemable at this point. This decline of deathrun is going to happen to TTT if it stays as it is.

As many have said, it sucks you have to leave because you cant achieve you goals, and really thats a reflection on the upper staff within this community and them reading this should actually show to them that something needs to change, unfortunately its your head that had to be toppled to try and get something to happen.

In a more positive light you are free to do what you want now.

I just hope people take notice of your farewell and the content within it.

• Agree Agree x 6
  15. Togo ✿

Togo ✿ Nobody Gets it VIP Silver

I like the very honest farwell. I tried playing deathrun but the fan base put me off. You stayed longer than I would of.

16. Falcor

Falcor ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ VIP Silver

I'm still hurt rn so heres some clips that express how i feel.

Seriously Pat you're one of the most loved members to have grace the staff team whether TTT or DR.
    You know I'm not one to be sweet for nothing and sugar coat my feelings. But i love ya pat. Always loved how you carried yourself. And how you maneuvered the line of doing your duties yet also making servers fun for everyone. Whether it was on TTT, in shoutbox, TS or trying to show a more laid back upbeat way to staff DR.
    You always make those around you happier. I'm sorry your term as Admin wasn't anything like you planned. I for one know how things can blow up on you. It's not your fault Pat. You did what you could with what you had and tried your best.
    We'll still cross paths, this isn't the end. see you later.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Hingle

Hingle Slow Motion VIP Emerald

Pat I never thought you were an idiot, and with this farewell you prove to me that you're one of the real ones as well. See you around.

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. nikki

nikki Dutch female gamer: cocky, rude/toxic. VIP Bronze

hope to still see you around on TTT! it was nice of you to stick up for me in shoutbox despite the fact we never even talked before that moment lol, was very nice of you to reach out to me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Aries

Aries VIP Bronze

Honestly, although I don't have much experience with the servers, from those times we talked and you told me how bad DR was, you were still always willing to try and make it better. I wish I could say more in regards to you being an admin, but I just haven't shared the same experiences that everyone else has had with the servers, DR and even TTT. I wish you well Pat, and I know ill still receive sad dinner snaps.
    p.s. fuck you, you and ryan dont even play dota, stop triggering me

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  20. hello my friend

hello my friend ciao amico mio Banned Elite

Take care Patrick, we didn't talk much but in the time we did I realised how cool you were.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1