Deathrun Administrator

Discussion in 'Farewells' started by Patrick, Dec 17, 2016.

1. Patrick

Patrick Ex-Deathrun Administrator VIP Silver

It's been about a month since I was promoted to Deathrun Administrator, obviously it's a pretty easy position to handle, as long as you aren't an idiot, or it might help to be stupid as well. Anyways I am resigning for many reasons, but mostly because I feel like my time here will be ending soon one way or another , I want to thank Kyogre for sticking up for me. You know how at Thanksgiving there's that one table that the kids eat at, well I felt like an adult that was forced to sit there. I made maybe one or two friends on Deathrun, but the rest were immature, Ladylag fanboys. I applied for Deathrun to help it escape that awful, cringey image, but there's only so much you can do with that playerbase. The applications that came in were always sub-par, and coming from experience as a TTT mod I had standards that were too high for Deathrun.

Another one of my Deathrun woes, was Ladylag. She got around the server pretty well, from Emtech to La Vie, to her little Deathrun fanboys. When I was promoted one of the biggest points was my ability to work with Ladylag, and I did, but she was a backseat administrator. Everyday pestering me about my moderators over very minor things, applications that I was viewing. I will admit she left me alone during the later parts of my term. Her problem is that she takes herself too seriously for a Deathrun server.

People have always seen me as an idiot, because I obviously present myself as one, they'll say I never tried with Deathrun or I did nothing. I tried so hard to pick up moderators, often times they applied for TTT, or weren't available to put in the time on Deathrun. Ask @NoHackJustGood or anyone on the server, I was quiet and punished players accordingly, I checked for ban avoiders, stopped trolls. Sure I wasn't someone who dove into DR content and finding new maps/models. but I did do my job

Tags:
    @Mr. Rogers and @Kyogre - You guys fought for me, and kept fighting for me for awhile. It sucks things turned out this way, but I'll still be around.

@ryan4winter and Patrick: @Snow Machine - Ryan was there whenever I needed to play some DOTA 2, or just joke around, and machine you've always been there to hear me bitch.

@LadyLag - I just don't like you, and never have liked you, and honestly you ruined Deathrun for me.

@CDriscoll - Stick to TTT

@Sage and @Jinglebella - You guys were great to have on Deathrun, and honestly I really did want you guys on my team. Closing Remarks: Deathrun isn't bad at all, but it's really just a kindergarten

@Sinz - It was great seeing you back on the staff team, and great talking to you.

Closing Remarks: Obviously I have a great amount of experience on both DR and TTT, and I did love the community on both. I feel as though I'm just bottling myself up, and now that I'm resigning, I'm going to be more honest I suppose. Not at @Carned 's level of honesty, but I feel a lot of people on this community have a voice, but don't talk because they want to keep up appearances. You should act how you've always been, and everyone who plays on the server, knows how you act and who you are, so please just be genuine.

• Friendly x 42
    • Winner x 21
    • Like x 6
    • Dislike x 6
    • Informative x 6
    • Agree x 2
    • Useful x 1
    • Dumb x 1
  2. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

Fuck. You were honestly one of the funniest people to talk to on shoutbox. You spoke nonsense, but at least it was sincere

Take care, Patrick

P.S.: I like the new name

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

RIP deathrun administraitor

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Machinekiller00

Machinekiller00 I <3 Gunter VIP Silver

I will miss you as an admin Patrick. You were always someone I wanted to see as admin, and it sucks to see you go. I know you will be around so that makes me happy. Never forget food buddy.

o7

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. LegitCake

LegitCake Loyalty Banned VIP

Aw man, it's sad to see you go Patrick, you were a great admin. Hopefully you'll stay around in the community.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Sith Master

Sith Master An individual may die, but the Sith are eternal Banned Gold VIP Emerald

It's sad to see you go Patrick, have a good one!

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

Take care, Patrick and thank you for being honest!

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. tz-

tz- feelin it VIP Emerald

dont get banned

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Santa Claus

Santa Claus Best Member VIP Bronze

Take care Patrick

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. GunAndBomb

GunAndBomb Explosive Banned VIP

It's sad to see you go and you will be missed by many. I admire your honesty, it takes courage to say what you really feel. I'm glad you didn't pretend like everything was ok. You have my respect.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Sinz

Sinz crumble VIP Silver

After being known as the guy who always resigns and reapplies but finally being content with where you stand in the community, it's completely disheartening to see you leave when you don't want to.

You've always been capable but not everyone could see past your lighthearted and humorous persona.

I'm terribly sad to see you go, you've been fantastic.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. ryan4win

ryan4win I was supposed to do great things Banned VIP+ Silver

You had the ability Patrick, but you just didn't have the resources to fully show your potential.

I know we're still going to talk everyday so I wont say much man. It was great working with you, and I look forward to what we do together in the future.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Fox

Fox Banned VIP

It's unfortunate. Bottling those things inside you for so long eats away at you, little by little.

There's no shame by saying what you said. I hope you understand that. It's hard to try and fix things when it physically cannot be fixed. It sounds like you were trying to make a square peg fit in a triangle shaped hole. I really hope this isn't the end for you. You have aspirations and I really hope to see you flourish in other ways. Do not let your past influence your future. Set your goals and achieve them.

What sets you apart, is that you have the potential to be something truly magnificent here. You just have to wait until you can spread your wings and take flight. Sooner or later, you'll be soaring higher than all of us.

I have a feeling this is not the end.

Until next time.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. BeedoBoyo

BeedoBoyo A man of men from the man-man VIP

Fairwell, enjoy you're time and bikini bottom you star

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

Preach it. So many a time I have seen mods, admins and even leads become someone they're not. It's unfortunate.

And as much as I dislike seeing the immaturity in the current mods and admins, it's better than putting on a facade

Be yourself, people. Stop pretending. You're not perfect.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. DarkLegion

DarkLegion aka Alex VIP

You've always been an awesome dude and I hope to still see you around the forums. Have a good one!

P.s. I'm glad you had the balls to say what you really thought

Last edited: Dec 17, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Lightning

Lightning Bringing the Thunder VIP

Sad to see you go under these circumstances, hopefully you decide to stick around in the community. You're proven.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Brahma

Brahma Homecoming. VIP Silver

Take care my dude.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Kyül

Kyül Caged Bird VIP Bronze

Although I never really spoke to you, you truly seemed a one in a million guy, and I think a lot of people can confirm that. You will be missed Patrick.. I dont think a Day Care can take care of itself, so come back soon friend.
    Press F

F
    -Kyle :penguin:

20. Isabella

Isabella Real Eyes. Realize. Real Lies. Silver Supporter

It sucks to see you go. You where honestly something deathrun needed.
    Always had a great time with you the times i joined deathrun. You're a great guy and i hope we still can keep in touch.
    Take care!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2