Christmas Event 2013

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Highwon, Dec 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Highwon

Highwon Owner VIP Silver

We are going to be hosting Christmas specials starting Sunday 12/22 til Saturday 12/28.

$30 will be awarded as donator rank to the winner of the lottery for December 25th 2013 courtesy of Nish. Please note the $30 reward won't be applied instantly to your account. It will be done at our earliest convenience.

The lottery jackpot will start with: (Courtesy of Serious TTT Server)
    Sun 12/22: 10,000 points
    Mon 12/23: 10,000 points
    Tue 12/24: 20,000 points
    Wed 12/25: 50,000 points + $30 donator rank
    Thu 12/26: 10,000 points
    Fri 12/27: 10,000 points
    Sat 12/28: 10,000 points

That's 120,000 points that is being given away through the lottery.

Chances of fun rounds happening will be increased to 90% during that week.
    On Christmas Day (12/25), the prizes for fun rounds will be doubled. (200pts for last man standing, 200pts for most kills, 40pts per kill)

Also we are having a special event on Christmas Eve (12/24) giving away $100 worth of donator rank courtesy of an anonymous donator from our community.
    Every hour starting from 4PM Pacific Time, we are going to host a fun round where the winners will win $20 worth of donator rank and/or 5,000 points.

This is the current planned schedule for the special event (Times listed are in Pacific timezone):
    12/24 - 4PM: West Server
    12/24 - 5PM: East Server
    12/24 - 6PM: West Server
    12/24 - 7PM: East Server
    12/24 - 8PM: West Server

Prizes for these events are:
    Last Man Standing: +$20 towards your donator rank
    Most Kills: 5,000 points

Please note that the prizes for the special event ($20 & 5k points) will be given out manually by myself so it wont be instantly applied to your account. I'll be recording Steam IDs and applying the awards as soon as possible.

-----------------------------------------
    MORE PRIZES!

An additional $50 was donated by Ardey to be given out as prize. I'm going to do 5 fun rounds which will award $10 for Last Man Standing & 2,500 points for Most Kills at these times:
    12/24 - 4:30PM: West Server
    12/24 - 5:30PM: East Server
    12/24 - 6:30PM: West Server
    12/24 - 7:30PM: East Server
    12/24 - 8:30PM: West Server

2. Angelx

Angelx Always Innocent VIP

Oh fun fun.

I'll try not to win.

3. Snak

Snak Banned

good luck senior

4. Scooter

Scooter Scooter#5335 VIP

sadly ill be working on Christmas day :( going to miss it

5. Highwon

Highwon Owner VIP Silver

If there is a popular demand for the special event to be hosted on Christmas Eve (12/24) then we can go ahead and do that.

6. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

This is a great idea! Maybe we could do a New Years Rockin' Eve event, as well!

7. DieKasta

DieKasta :Blackalien: Forever VIP

Oh shit! This is awesome!

8. Angelx

Angelx Always Innocent VIP

Added poll option

9. MckeonHitman

MckeonHitman Serious Member

I will give the 20 bucks if I win it to someone in need as im in a giving mood.

10. Highwon

Highwon Owner VIP Silver

I'll let the vote run til tomorrow 6pm but it looks like the special event will be held on 12/24 instead of 12/25. I'll change the original post once the vote is done.

11. Cheesus

Cheesus Member

And i'll try my hardest to win, I need points for triple harpoon :3

12. This is the worst possible time to live in Sweden... God I'm so sad right now I cant join to any extent if its not on the 25th :( I need the triple poons!

13. Cheesus

Cheesus Member

Horseman I feel you bro.

14. The Law

The Law You fought the law and the law won. VIP Silver Emerald

If I'm ever going to win the lottery, it had better be on the Christmas event.

15. Amazing

Amazing Veteran Member

I'd actually think that the day after Christmas would be better

16. 100%

17. Shades

Shades VIP

Nice idea. I don't know if I'm going to be able to be online during that time but I will try!

Merry ----- Whatever you people celebrate.

18. Zabiba

Zabiba VIP

Christmihannaqwuanza!

19. Highwon

Highwon Owner VIP Silver

I have changed the Special Event to be on Christmas Eve (12/24). Also Ardey donated $50 towards the special event to be awarded to players through fun rounds. Check original topic for updated info.

20. Zikeji

Zikeji Repoleved VIP Emerald

I think it may work better to space it out differently. As it is, it's just a cluster of fun rounds(and you aren't giving West 2 any love!) people are going to be hopping between each server.

Suggested revision (legend, G=$20 & 5k, S=$10 & 2.5k):

12/24 - 12PM: West Server - G
    12/24 - 12PM: East Server - G
    12/24 - 2PM: West Server - S
    12/24 - 2PM: East Server - S
    12/24 - 4PM: West Server - G
    12/24 - 4PM: East Server - G
    12/24 - 6PM: West Server - S
    12/24 - 6PM: East Server - S
    12/24 - 8PM: West Server - G
    12/24 - 8PM: East Server - S

This way, it covers a larger portion of time so as to let more people get a chance. It also clumps each event into the same time on both servers so that people won't be changing servers to get in on each round.

I also understand the reason you had it close together and separated the times, to allow for you to change servers and your time constraints. But if you can get enough admins to take a certain time from that list, we can hop on the server, force the fun round, screenshot the results + steamIDs, and send those to you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.