Choice

Discussion in 'Farewells' started by Mr. Rogers, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Mr. Rogers

Mr. Rogers Lil Tokyo VIP Silver

We make many choices in life, and yesterday I made the decision to leave the Staff Team. Yes, it was a demotion, but I knew what I was doing would result in me getting demoted so we'll call it half and half. I'm not making this thread to further discuss my opinion on what Highwon said yesterday, or my opinion on him as an owner. I'm doing enough of that by replying to people, this thread is different than that.

The reason behind me taking action that resulted in my demotion has been said by me and others in various places around this forum, and it's simply because I disagree with @Highwon and how he runs his Staff Team. He said something to me on Steam that actually made sense to me. If you aren't happy with how he's running things, then you shouldn't be a Staff Member. He's right about that, and if there's anybody currently a Staff Member that doesn't like how he runs things, I would deeply consider a resignation. This isn't a call to action for people to resign, just stating that those who have strong disagreements with him should probably not be a mod for him.

When I got demoted publicly in shoutbox, all I was trying to accomplish was letting it be known how he behaves and who he really is, and that's all I've been trying to do by replying to the various threads I have. If you guys want to completely blow off what I'm saying or rate it dumb that's your choice to make, but all I'm doing is stating facts that I believe should be known to anyone that is or wants to be on the Staff Team. My intention behind this isn't to encourage resignations or discourage people from being Staff, I'm letting you guys decide what to do with the statements I'm making and don't aim to sway you in one way or the other.

Now, I wasn't the only one who made a choice yesterday. Ragman and hello my friend decided to do things such as ban people from Teamspeak / delete forum accounts and such. This isn't something I condone at all and is actually counterproductive to the message I was trying to get across, which is that we were all leaving just because we disagree with how he runs things, not because we want to attack the community. I thought this was a belief each one of us held and I obviously made an error in assuming such. I apologize to those who were inconvenienced by being banned or having their accounts deleted, and I would tag every one of you but there's a lot and this is already going on long enough.

With actions such as those taken by those two, I can understand why people may have started to group us as a bunch of immature idiots who hate the Staff Team. My aim with this post is to try to get the point across that we as individuals share different levels of disagreement with certain situations, and apparently differing levels of community hatred. We did all leave because we disagree with a lot of things Highwon has done, and know what he really acts like, but we don't all hate this place.

And on a personal note, I apologize to anyone who felt as if I displayed any behavior that gave off such an attitude, as it wasn't my intention. Nobody deserves to be vilanized for trying to help out.

I'll leave this farewell at that, and all I ask from this is that you guys read what I said here and make your own choice on whether you believe me or not. I think that's fair.

*I'm not leaving the community by the way, still will be around on the forums and in game whenever I get the itch.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
    • Friendly x 23
    • Winner x 4
    • Informative x 3
    • Like x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  2. Owned

Owned VIP

At least you know the truth

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

I'm staying. My devotion to this server goes far beyond my friendships to people like you rogers, it goes way deeper than what happened yesterday. I enjoy being a mod, because I get on the servers and I see these regulars who need a moderator to make the game fun for them. That is my motivation. That is why i'm not already gone.

I am sad to see you go rogers, you were a good friend to me.

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Friendly Friendly x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. The Seventh

The Seventh Bloom. VIP

Hey, take care and best of luck in the future.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Rozboon

Rozboon Forgive and Forget, or just forget. VIP

One question before I think about replying to this more and since you asked the same question to others yesterday, why did you remove me from steam?

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Dumb Dumb x 5
  6. Armour

Armour Ok. VIP

There goes my hero
    Watch him as he goes

Thanks for the ride, Mr. Rodgers. :sneaky:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. BeedoBoyo

BeedoBoyo A man of men from the man-man VIP

Hope to see you around some more

8. Lone Wanderer

Lone Wanderer The One and Only VIP

Well, this certainly isn't how I wanted this to end.

When I came back to SGM a few months ago, I thought about the possibility of re-joining the staff team within the first few days of being on the servers and back in the community. It was just something that went through my mind. But I knew the community had changed a lot during my hiatus, and wasn't sure if anyone really knew me well enough to be willing to say that I was moderator material, and pick me up on their team.

Then you approached me, and gave me another shot.

I want to say thank you, Rogers, for picking me up on your team. I also want to thank you for not just assuming that, since I had previous experience, that I'd know everything, and just let me off the leash right away. Because it turns out, I needed some refreshers, and there were some things I still needed to learn. You guided me through that process, and turned me into the moderator that I am today.

And while I will be staying here to staff despite all that's happened, I want you to know that I'm in it for the community. I want to be here to help out the players and the servers, and keep this place enjoyable to play TTT. I can understand the decisions you made last night; I may not have done them all myself, but I know where you're coming from, and I respect you for what you're doing. I hope that I'm able to make you proud, even though I'm sticking it out here.

It was a pleasure being in the Neighborhood, neighbor. Thank you for a great few months. I'm happy that you're still sticking around in the community; hopefully things improve from here.

• Friendly Friendly x 2