Dev [Browser Extension] SeriousTTT Persona Name (adds Steam name next to Steam profile links)

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by Zikeji, Jun 1, 2015.

1. Zikeji

Zikeji Repoleved VIP Emerald

So a recent suggestion prompted me to make this.

Suggestion: http://www.seriousttt.com/threads/steam-name-next-to-forum-name.20178/

It's very simple, all it does is add their current Steam name next to wherever the Steam profile link appears(the Steam icon). The Steam name (also called "Persona Name") is up to date as of when you load the page.

Before & After:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Also adds it here:
    [​IMG]

I had it finished a while ago, but a Chrome extension has to be approved before it's added (they check for malicious code and I guess quality?). Took them a long time xD.

Anyway, the installation links are as follows:
    Of course I recommend Chrome or Firefox, the IE link is just for those people.

DISCLAIMER: anything that it pulls as the name is not reviewed or otherwise examined for vulgarity/NSFW content.

Tagging people who expressed interest: @Noctorious @Alice @Python @CDriscoll @La Vie @Adam @Stewie Griffin

Last edited: Jun 1, 2015
    • Like Like x 9
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

Would make it so I wouldn't have to navigate to their profile
    How would it work if the profile is private (This member limits who may view their full profile.)?

Last edited: Jun 1, 2015
  3. Zikeji

You don't have to navigate to their profile, it'll show up on their forum posts. As for if they have a private profile on Steam, that doesn't matter since the Steam Persona Name is public even when their profile is marked private.

It'll also only work for people with a Steam account tied to their XenForo account.

4. Noctorious

Noctorious Your Best Nightmare VIP Emerald

Doesn't work for me on Firefox for some reason

5. Zikeji

It was an issue with the SteamAPI call. I've updated the addon, please remove the addon and reinstall it with the link above (I updated the link, I had the staging link up there. DERP!)

6. paper

paper legends never die VIP Silver

Works with Chrome and currently using it.
    B)

7. Zikeji

It's simple for sure, but it works. I may retool it so it shows it next to the name, and in shoutbox.

8. Noctorious

Noctorious Your Best Nightmare VIP Emerald

Apparently it updated itself as it works now

9. Zikeji

Okay, sweet. Enjoy!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Paradox

Paradox The One Eyed Ghoul Banned Elite

@Zikeji any way for you to make it work on ios etc?

11. Zikeji

12. Skyrossm

Skyrossm Ideal Female Moderator? VIP Emerald Bronze

Could you update this for the new domain?

• Like Like x 2
  13. Zikeji

I'll think about it.

Nah I updated it. Update should be live on Google's store once they finish review, the IE and FireFox ones should be up to date now though.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Zikeji

Chrome rejected my update lol. Considering the only that changed in my code was changing three letters and adding one, I suspect maybe the framework I use (CrossRider) may have caused it. I'm going to recreate it in a different framework.

I'll create a new thread, planning some new features in an update as well.

• Like Like x 1