Denied |\|athan's Appeal

Discussion in 'TTT Ban Appeals' started by |\|athan, Dec 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. |\|athan

|\|athan Banned

Your In Game Nickname:
    |\|athan
    Your Steam ID:
    STEAM_0:1:75112436
    Which Server:
    East
    Why you should be unbanned:
    I got banned for loop holing a single time when I legit thought that he walked by an unided...
    Evidence of Innocence:
    The mod Milo didn't even give me a chance to explain myself and I don't think anywhere in the rules does it say loop holing is bannable after one offence. Nobody even tried explaining anything to me so I was just confused the entire time. Plus Milo, the mod that banned me, didn't even make an attempt to get my side of the story. I am not even sure what loop holing is at this point and I have read the rules before. If anything a situation like that should result in a slay not a full on ban for 28 days like what the actually f is that? Honestly if that is a legit thing I would be happy to switch servers since there was no logical explanation for this outrageous ban. I play by the rules and never do anything stupid ever since I got banned last time so there is no reason for a ban like this. Hopefully someone can solve this asap.​

2. Salem

Salem VIP

since I banned you I will handle this and i'm tagging my admin @Machinekiller00 as well

3. Hello Athan,

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    As you can see, there was no Unidentified body anywhere near the area where you "saw one."
    This quote has been taken from http://www.seriousgmod.com/threads/a-guide-to-sgm-extended-rules.12605/ on the second post by CDriscoll:
    "Defined as the exploitation of our rules and how they are written to avoid punishment or promote toxic gameplay, this is a completely discretionary offense and relies on the authority of an admin+. The punishment for loopholing could be an extra slay, or 4 week ban depending on any given situation."
    As you may already know, you got out of a slay by saying something along the lines of "You walked by and unid body, didn't know if you saw it."
    Even though you may have saw a Unid, it doesn't match with what was at the scene.
    Additionally, nobody else died that round, so there would be no possible way an Unid would be there.

That is all I have on this. Thank you.

4. Salem

Salem VIP

Hi |\|athan i'm just going to go ahead and go right into what prompted the loophole ban

We were playing on innocent motel when I received a report from @Secretsanta733 claiming you rdmed him. In your response, you claimed he passed an unided body but in deathscene it showed he walked into the bathroom you were in an shortly after you shot him for it. I will have this video up once It uploads. until then you can look at the logs Secret already provided which also show nobody was dead yet that round when you claimed an unided body.

After looking further into it I let the report open and went to talk to my admin @Machinekiller00 about this, we agreed after since you don't have a very clean history (although there is no history of loopholing) that I should ban you for one month and get it globalized as well.

Edit: I would like for you to recognize that I did message you three times shortly before the ban was issued letting you know what was going on and what the reasoning was for it, I felt no need to message you and ask about the report seeing as you already made it crystal clear that your reasoning was an unided body. And you made no attempt to contact me before I went through with the ban.

I will add my video in once I get the chance but since I am new with .dem files that may take a few moments, please remain patient.

5. |\|athan

|\|athan Banned

Yeah well it is honestly stupid since I have never done that and I told you it was because I thought I had seen a unided on the other side of the room so I just shot him. I realized shortly after and was ready to accept the slay but he reported me so I told him what what I thought I saw which turned out to be wrong after I was killed. For such a little thing you shouldn't have to right to ban me for a fucking month it seriously doesn't make sense it was a mistake and it should have been treated like that. Also considering I have never had this happen before you can't just say that I was trying to do it. I could care less about my previous bans since they were all related too me fucking around and had nothing to do with this current ban. I also want you to take into consideration that my friend was literally being sexist and calling people racial slurs all while rdming 8 people and he only got a 24 hour ban which compared too what I did which affected noone should be looked at as more a less nothing. I have been trying to take this server more serious and not do dumb shit but this is pretty unfair.

6. Why would you say what you think happened when you were ready to accept the slay. Why didn't you say "My bad, I'll take a slay."
    Your friend should not influence you to break the rules. Just because he got a shorter ban doesn't mean what you'll do will be the same. It may seem like a little thing, but if everybody started doing it, well you'd know what would happen.
    If you were trying to take this seriously, why did you lie? As seen from the quote at the bottom of this post, Milo never got any messages from you. As seen from this quote at your initial appeal:
    It is NOT the staff members' responsibility to get your story. They only check what you wrote in the RDM Manager. There is more to the rules than the first page, there are Extended Rules, found here: http://www.seriousgmod.com/threads/a-guide-to-sgm-extended-rules.12605/ .
    [​IMG]

7. Salem

Salem VIP

Unfortunately for some reason the .dem file doesn't show deathscene, I'm unsure why. So, I will leave this appeal with this last thing:
    [​IMG]

as you can see, the first time anyone died that round was when you killed secretsanta733 at 00:47, making it impossible for there to have been any bodies for them to have walked by. I wish my .dem file would have worked because I would have been able to show you how you were standing in the bathroom (where t's can go into the t room) facing away from the door, and a few seconds after he came in you shot and killed him. Never once did you try and contact me once you realized what you said was not true, never told me you knew you needed the slay. And as stated I didn't think I needed to talk to confirm such a clear response to a report.

I will respond shortly with the status of your ban.

8. Machinekiller00

Machinekiller00 I <3 Gunter VIP Silver

Hey there |\|athan. I'm going to explain to you my entire reasoning behind your ban.

So Milo had messaged me on steam earlier today letting me know about you lying in a report against you. Claiming that you saw an unidentified body when there wasn't any present. I wasn't quick to jump on giving a ban as mistakes can happen and I thought issuing a slay would have been okay. I had asked her to give me your adminstats so I can see your history. Taking a short look at your history you have gotten 2 previous bans on group trolling. One of them which was only about a month ago. Although group trolling doesn't have anything to do with loopholing. It doesn't really help you out because trolling isn't something we take so lightly. So given that you were banned twice for trolling. I figured it would be appropriate to give you a ban as well for attempting to loophole out of a slay. 1 month seemed appropriate , and it should have been globalized.

The reason why I would say it's loopholing is because you claimed to have seen an unidentified body near him. Although Milo couldn't present her death scene evidence. The logs show clearly that nobody had died that entire round, and you killing secretsanta was the first death to happen. Which makes it pretty much impossible for him to have passed any unidentified bodies in the area. There is no way you could have thought you saw one if there wasn't any bodies to begin with. If there were other bodies in the area then I could have understood where you made the mistake of seeing one. Then I would be a lot more understanding in that situation but given the fact that there were no people who died. I find it hard to believe that you just made a mistake with seeing a unid body. You claim it wasn't your intention but that was your report response. You tried to say there was an unid body to get out of a slay which is not okay. Loopholing is a serious offense, so I told Milo it was okay to give you a ban.

With that being said I'll close up your appeal. If you would like me to discuss this any further please feel free to message me right here on the forums. Thank you for appealing but I will be denying this appeal.

Appeal: Denied

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.