Anna has left the building

Discussion in 'Farewells' started by Anna, Oct 14, 2015.

1. Anna

Anna before we fade VIP

So...It really upsets me that I have to be making this post but a lot is currently going on in my life. Three months ago I was given the chance of a life time by my absolutely wonderful admin @Steven | SP and man has it been great. I can't thank him enough for giving me this opportunity to help out this wonderful community. This decision has been hard; one that has been on my mind the last couple of weeks (@Ravin, I am so sorry for all the babbling and ranting that you have had to endure in regards to this) but ultimately it had to be made. People always said that sometimes the hardest choice and the right choice are the same. In this respect I believe that to be so very true.

Now I am sure you are curious to know my reasons for this resignation. I have decided to resign for a couple of reasons, only two of which I will discuss (my other reasons are more personal ones). One, my uni exams are coming up. In fact they are 2 weeks away and I am extremely nervous about them. These exams will determine whether or not I am able to do my prerequisite subjects next year that will allow me to apply for medicine. As a lot of you know, I aspire to be a brain surgeon and I have had this dream since the tender age of 10. I have worked so hard the last 7 years of high school and this first year of uni and now I need to really focus and make it through. This meant that I had to cut back on my hours a bit the last couple of weeks and although I felt absolutely guilty about it, Steven was very understanding of this and I honestly cannot thank him enough for it. Things were all going well and good until reason two came along.

My second reason for resigning is my job and really this was the deciding factor as to if I was going to resign or not. I normally don't start my casual work until half way through November (I do data entry for a blinds company and summer is their busy season). However it seems summer has come earlier for us and with this has come an influx of orders that they currently cannot deal with. Because of this they have asked for me to come back to work early. I couldn't turn down the offer. I need this job more than anything as I plan to move to the big city in February next year and with moving comes the need for funds. Really the bottom line was this, if I were to decline their offer they would replace me with another casual worker who could come and do the job now, which would then in turn, put me without immediate work once exams finished. So in short I had to make the choice between my future, paid work and staffing. Sadly staffing, although I adore it and love it so much, is the thing I have to let go.

That being said this resignation is only temporary (granted that I am taken back onto the staff team of course). As soon as my exams finish and I no longer have to devote pretty much all of my time to studying, I can devote it to doing the things I love. And out of the things I love, helping this community and staffing is at the top. As of the 18th of November I will be free and I have plans to return to this wonderful community. You guys all mean the world to me and I love you all too much to leave forever! Even though I am resigning I will still be around on the forums and on ts, albeit I won't be around as much, I will still be there so that is something. I obviously won't be on the servers for quite some time however. It sucks, but sometimes we have to make sacrifices so that we can carry on and right now, this is the sacrifice that I have to make. Now because this resignation isn't for forever I see no need to do tags because really I will be back.

So, thank you all so much for having me around. I love you all dearly and I cannot wait to get back into it when I am free.

Until then take care and keep smiling.
    -C.A.Anna

Last edited: Oct 17, 2015
    • Friendly Friendly x 21
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Rek

Rek Ø

No I didn't say you could leave.

But really, I couldn't ask for a better sassy Australian friend.
    You were a great colleague and I'm so glad you were picked up.
    It took one little comment:
    and some push from Guilty and Steven and boom.
    Here you are saying goodbye 3 months later almost exactly.

You will do EXCELLENT on your exams. Don't you worry one bit.
    I hope you have a good time at your job and that's awesome that business is going so well.
    I'll see you when your back, because you're coming back...no matter what.

Cheers, I'll be practicing my accent.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  3. Noctorious

Noctorious Your Best Nightmare VIP Emerald

<3 thank you for putting up with me. I'll see you on the team when you come back :love:

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  4. Smash

Smash Baka VIP Silver

It's sad to see you go, you were a wonderful staff member and they are truly losing a wonderul person today. One of my best friends and one of the nicest people I know, thanks for being there for me and hope to see you back when you have time.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Graze

Graze Zzz... VIP Silver

Soooo. This was a joke right?

You're kidding. It's so obvious that I can't believe it. Lies.

I'm sad now.

:c

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  6. Deepsea1508

Deepsea1508 Hyuman VIP Emerald

Noooo C.C.anna :(
    come back soon :cry::cry::cry::cry:
    mai best bud

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  7. Ravin

Ravin Determination VIP

:c

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  8. Steven

Steven VIP Silver

I will see you back on the team in a month. I hope that you still have time to keep in contact and give me advice when I need it ;). #LongliveTheAlliance

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  9. Alpha Wolfy

Alpha Wolfy Nocturnal VIP

Take care Anna and good luck with your exams.
    See you in a month!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

Good luck with all the things!

[​IMG]

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Falcor

Falcor ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ VIP Silver

Good Luck Anna, we all know you can do it. And will exceed your own expectations. :)
    From the moment I met you, I noticed your kindness. You are honestly a lovely person.
    And was a wonderful staff member and turned out even better then we all hoped.
    You'll do great! Just know there are so many people here rooting for you.

You'll be back when you can.
    This isn't a realll goodbye.
    Many will miss you though!
    Take care, get yo shit done then come back!

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  12. Chastity4lyfe

Chastity4lyfe *Eye roll* VIP Silver

[​IMG]

There is too much sadness in today's forums posts. You are one of my favorite moderators and members of this community. You've welcome me in, and been so freaking friendly with me. I really felt you deserved admin more than anyone here, and I am so so so sad to see you go. I hope to see you REAPPLY to staff as soon as this stuff is over and done with, and I wish you luck with exams, I can totally relate with the pressure and stress of graduating and passing all classes necessary. You can DO THIS!

But for now...I will remain depressed....
    [​IMG]

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Wex

Wex The enemy of art is the absence of limitations VIP Bronze

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Kawaii

Kawaii Paper Towns

God damn it, i promised i wouldnt cry...
    You, POP and Machine...

[​IMG]

Till next time... Take care, have fun, stay safe.
    I love you.

-
    Kawaii

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Mr. Rogers

Mr. Rogers Lil Tokyo VIP Silver

Considering I know you'll be back pretty soon, that makes this a little better.

Regardless I know I will miss your presence, and the servers will too.

You're one awesome aussie. You can do great things anywhere you apply yourself. See you later : (

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. IrishGaming990

IrishGaming990 Regular Member

I just want to say thank you for everything you did for me, or the community, whether it was putting up with my shit jokes, typing !slaynr Irish, or receiving stuck messages every single minute because I couldn't crouch jump, whatever it was, I just want to say thank you.I hope you do well in your exams and I hope everything goes well with the new job and I really just want to wish you the best of luck, you won't need it, I know that, but I'm giving it anyways. Thanks so much for everything Anna, can't wait until your back. Have a great day.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Miss Alice

Miss Alice winky face VIP

It's rare to see such a sweet and kind personality, and it's a shame that the staff team will be without it for a little while. I wish you the best of luck and I look forward to having you back on the team again.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  18. Darktooth

Darktooth I was #1 VIP

Hopefully you can return with a proper computer so we can arrange some things.

Farewell and good luck. It's always a pleasure.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  19. Staples

Staples ~Storm princess. VIP

I didnt read but, I will miss you ;-;

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. Pandora?

Pandora? Alcoholic in Training VIP Silver

Oh Anna this makes me sad, but good luck with your exams, I'm 100% you'll do great with how such a dedicated person you are :) Can't wait for November 18th!!! Just don't die in exams heh...

• Friendly Friendly x 1