Add the SSK .950 JDJ

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by The Infamous Doc Holiday, Jul 24, 2016.

1. NOTE: FOR THOSE OF YOU READING THIS THREAD FOR THE FIRST TIME, PLEASE READ MY THREAD SUMMARY ON PAGE 2 BEFORE RESPONDING.

The SSK .950 JDJ is a enormous rifle, firing a bullet that is 95 hundredths of an inch in diameter. Here are some pics:

http://www.everydaynodaysoff.com/2009/12/04/the-mcbros-95-caliber-rifle/

Here is some video footage of use:

Here is what I was thinking.

Add this as a T-wep. The rifle, being that it fires such a devastating bullet, will act like a harpoon, being a one hit kill, even on body shots. However, it will have the range and scope in of a rifle (Intervention scope is cool :p)

Sound a little too OP you say? Well, read on...

Being that IRL you could never shoulder fire the rifle as it weighs around 100 pounds, it will decrease movement speed by, let's say 50%.

The massive recoil should launch the firing player back about 6 in-game feet. This will mean the player must take caution where they are firing, lest the fall to death upon firing, or be launched into view of Innocent players.

The behemoth roar created by firing will alert everyone on the server that a JDJ has been fired.

Ammunition IRL has to be loaded by removing the bolt from the breech, affixing a cartridge in the bolt head, and then reinserting the bolt into the breech of the rifle. I'm thinking maybe 7 second reload time would be appropriate. Or around there somewheres. Unless the traitor carries several bolts already loaded that he can swap out.

I think that the weapon should come with 7-5, cartridges upon purchase, and that there be no chance to replenish ammo, like the flare gun.

I think this would be a whole shit load of fun. And given all the limiting factors I listed, I think that the one shot kill would be very well balanced. And this would be a hell of a lot of fun to watch, too.

The rifle has already been incorporated into several games. Here is some footage from it in Fallout 2 (I think; never played), and Garry's Mod, respectively:

P.s sorry about the anime and non-English in the Gmod footage. Suck it up and watch the vid, son. :p

p.p.s pics didn't work, so I included link.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 3
  2. cmdylan15

cmdylan15 Regular Member

+1 I think we need the 1 shot kill sniper on the server and btw its balanced

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Lol, can't believe there haven't been more replies here; thought this would be at least controversial :p

Anyway, still hoping high for this.

Tagging @Highwon ; making sure he sees it.

4. Valedict

Valedict VIP

While the gun itself seems like an interesting weapon, I feel like there are some things that would cause it to become infamous.
    First of all, when I read the entire post, and saw the part about recoil, it made me think, you would be able to essentially "boost" yourself in certain directions, allowing for longer/higher jumps, allowing access to unreachable areas.
    Also with the gun being a OHKO, I don't like OHKO weapons, as it essentially enables you to just pick off anyone you want, and they can't do anything about it. Sure, with rifles you can headshot someone and that is an instant kill, but at least that weapon requires you to actually aim for a small target. With this weapon you could shoot someone in the leg and they'd die, and if this happened to me, it'd leave a poor taste in my mouth.
    You mentioned that there'd be 10 shots for you to fire, but I think that if this was implemented, it would be lowered down to 3 shots, or 2. This is because of the high risk of you being found out due to the sound of the shot, so you need to make every shot matter.
    So, overall, I think this gun has a lot of potential, but it doesn't seem right for a gamemode like TTT.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Machinekiller00

Machinekiller00 I <3 Gunter VIP Silver

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1

6. Good points, good points.

However: I don't think you understood all of what I said. The +s of this gun? One shot kill. The -s? All the rest. So, great balance is already there. I don't see a problem.

The recoil should only shoot you backwards, not up. So, it won't boost your jumps, which means it won't help you reach anything that you couldn't with a normal jump. Plus, the 50% reduction in movement speed while using the gun will ensure that you can't really do that much jumping at all. All it will do is make using it more of a hazard to the user, which is part of balancing the one shot kill, which is the incentive to use the gun.

The 10 shots is the amount of ammo you will carry. Yes: this is how many shots you will be allowed. It is up to you and your skill to see how many shots you can actually execute.

All in all, this will add some hilarious flavor. The reason people will use it is the one shot kill. The way it will be balanced is all the drawbacks stated above. It seems pretty even to me. Even the double barrel wasn't as well thought out :p

7. I can see some people get really skillful with this. I think it has enormous potential. Just like any other tool in TTT, it will be even and balanced, and it will take skill to master. Which is what all games should be built on anyway. Skill is more important than balance really. I wish more people agreed with me. :pompus:

8. Oh, and I would also add this: arm or leg shots would put you at Near Death, say 10 HP. Yeah, a one hit kill on those would be dumb.

9. Yo, I just realized that there is a separate section of this sub forum for Weapon/Model suggestions. Could I get this moved there by some staff?

10. Renko

Renko VIP Iron

It would be better if it's only one bullet.

+1 for the weapon

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. cmdylan15

cmdylan15 Regular Member

But if this would have only one bullet it basically be a non-affected gravity harpoon

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Yeah, seeing all the drawbacks that the weapon has to balance it out, there will be enough of a challenge to use it more than once that I think 5-10 shots would be appropriate.

13. Silent Rebel

Silent Rebel Lead Shitposter VIP

You definitely have no idea what balanced means. This is like paying 1 credit to get 10 improved harpoons; it doesn't make any sense. This definitely doesn't belong anywhere near these servers. One of my biggest problems with this server is the fact that it has weapons and guns which eliminate reactive play by allowing free kills (mostly the double barrel). Nothing is more aggravating than having to sit through the rest of the round knowing that someone got a freeby kill with no effort and NO chance of you being able to react. At least with harpoons there is a decent chance you could miss, plus you only get one of them. This would be like Highwon permanently adding the silly overpowered holiday weapons that we get temporarily (hand cannon thing, the lion/rpg, etc).

14. Once again, the point I made, that most gamers whine more for balance, rather than improve their skill, is proved. I wonder why?:confused:

Dude, you do realize that there are very few traitors to begin with, compared to their opponents? And that, unless in the hands of a very skilled player, this weapon would be like sounding a dinner bell on yourself? Do you know how many first shots are actually missed when people go sniping in TTT? More than half anyway.

Therefore, this weapon will be as dangerous to the traitor using it as it will be to the receiving victim. I anticipate more traitors dying after the first shot than those making a second shot. Go back and read the list of drawbacks I added. You obviously didn't let it sink in before ranting about it :p

And please, try to get some skill, before you start asking for more balance. Because you're just asking for a second chance on a golden platter.

I haven't seen one serious player who complains about the double barrel. Because they play hard and know when to say that they were beaten.

15. I get the feeling that almost none of the people who read this thread bother to read the list of drawbacks I added to the weapon. Instead, they started screamposting about the one hit kill factor. SO, I will put the list here again.

"Being that IRL you could never shoulder fire the rifle as it weighs around 100 pounds, it will decrease movement speed by, let's say 50%.

The massive recoil should launch the firing player back about 6 in-game feet. This will mean the player must take caution where they are firing, lest the fall to death upon firing, or be launched into view of Innocent players.

The behemoth roar created by firing will alert everyone on the server that a JDJ has been fired.

Ammunition IRL has to be loaded by removing the bolt from the breech, affixing a cartridge in the bolt head, and then reinserting the bolt into the breech of the rifle. I'm thinking maybe 7 second reload time would be appropriate. Or around there somewheres. Unless the traitor carries several bolts already loaded that he can swap out.

No one hit kill on arm or leg shots."

Read all of that twice before responding negatively, please. No weapon in TTT is that severely punished for high damage.

16. Paradox

Paradox The One Eyed Ghoul Banned Elite

Sure fewer traitors but better weapons higher advantages your supposed to strategise with teamates. The recoil back i can just turn around have it shoot me to a unreachable area no matter what direction 10 shots just no please I always hate awps in other servers I purley hate one shot body shot weapons i'm looking at you double barrell, I love weapons with cool animations example winchester 1887 anyways so what its loud i got free kill hide it and I can't be shot so i'm slow? Put it away or you can still run with it true it looks good but as others have stated minus one from me

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  17. Silent Rebel

Silent Rebel Lead Shitposter VIP

How is it a second chance if you never had the first chance to begin with? Stop telling people to get good when you don't even know who you're talking to. I can already tell you're going to be really liked around here. Yes, I actually read through your post. Sometimes I think before I post. Sometimes. :)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 26, 2016
  18. Paradox

Paradox The One Eyed Ghoul Banned Elite

Also no need to claim people aren't reading it not everyones gonna make a list on the cons to pros they will give you their opinons and thoughts on it however they feel like stating it no need to go out and assume they haven't read them :) Ex: I read them the first 5-10 mins this was made but chose to comment now.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Someone is going to die, so there is your answer to chance. However, like I said, many first shots are missed, so I would expect a higher proportion of traitors using this to die, than innocents killed by it.

You don't complain about the harpoon; this puts an even bigger target on you. Once again, the drawbacks severely hamper anyone firing this weapon. Think of it like a long range jihad. Something like that kind of "shoot me" kind of thing.

I would love to 1v1 you. And I won't bitch if you beat me; something makes me think you might...

And if you don't think all the time, you are the definition of an ass :pompus:

[​IMG]

20. Thanks for your *more* thought out message in second post, Vector. However, I had to give your first a dumb because it totally lacked structure and was basically unreadable. Plus, spelling KIA.

And once again, your jump height would be limited, as well as movement speed, SO YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO REACH UNREACHABLE AREAS. Did you read that before posting? I did post it earlier...