A Poll about weapons!!

Discussion in 'Vanilla Discussion' started by Squidd, Aug 14, 2015.

?

What weapon do you think is the most Over Powered ?

1. AK-47

26 vote(s)
    55.3%
  2. AUG

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  3. AWP

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  4. FAMAS

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  5. FN P90

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  6. GALIL

4 vote(s)
    8.5%
  7. M16

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  8. MAC-10

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Shotgun

12 vote(s)
    25.5%
  10. Rifle

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Squidd

Squidd VIP

Recently, I've been looking into the mechanics of TTT and been wondering how I could contribute in making it more enjoyable for everyone. To start, I need to gather data. I want to learn what people THINK is the most OP Vanilla weapon in TTT (Detective/Traitor Weapons don't count!)

I also would like to see what weapons you PREFER. (As we all cant have AK-47's)

Post in the comments to expand your view to help out even more, or if you have any suggested changes !

NOTE: I Didn't include the MP5 Navy and the H.U.G.E-247 as the Poll didn't allow that many options.

2. Lone Wanderer

Lone Wanderer The One and Only VIP

Aside from the AK-47, which I feel like a lot of people are going to say, I think the vanilla shotgun is a really powerful weapon. It's semi-automatic and can pump out a lot of damage pretty quickly, and essentially has 8 shots that can all insta-kill if you place them right. If you're in a building or narrow area and you take on a big group of people, the vanilla shotgun is probably your best bet at killing every single one of them. And if you know how to use it, which really isn't too hard, it's probably realistic that you could easily kill 3-4 people that are together if you're positioned right when you have it.

Not to say that it's a bad OP, though. I mean, it obviously has its drawbacks.

3. Silent Rebel

Silent Rebel Lead Shitposter VIP

I agree with @Lone Wanderer. I use the Ak-47, once you learn to control it's recoil, it can decimate groups of people. I can kill most people in a 1v1 if I have an AK, and they do not. The only problem I have is against people with the vanilla shotgun. If i miss my first few shots with the ak, someone can turn around and 1 shot me pretty easily with the shotgun. The same can be said with an ak-47. I've had many instances where I begin to take damage from behind me, so i begin to fire my ak-47 and spin around to get a headshot on the unsuspecting assailant. This situation causes many to rage about the ak-47s OPness. Especially since the recoil of the ak launchs your aim straight upwards, it's even easier to get headshots. Most of the time I just aim at the chest and then let the recoil lead me to a headshot. I prefer using the ak-47 over the shotgun, but i think both are very overpowered compared to any other guns on the server. On vanilla, if you aren't using the ak47 or the shotgun, you are at a disadvantage.

It's slightly different on normal servers though. The HK sniper is something i consider to be very overpowered with skilled players. I believe it is the fastest firing weapon that can still get 1 shot head-shots. It fires faster than the colt and has a larger magazine with the benefit of increased accuracy and range. The ak-47 still remains pretty OP, for reasons stated previously. Shotgun is still OP. The honey badger is something that is pretty useful without being overpowered. I love its low recoil while still being able to dish out quite a bit of damage. The ACR is similar, trading accuracy for more damage. So at least on the normal servers, there is quite a bit of variety with the weapons that you can use. The ones I consider most useful are the HK sniper, ak-47, honey badger, acr, and the shotgun.

4. Zypther

Zypther #SuitUp VIP Bronze Iron

I believe that for the server being about 1/2 full with a donator with the ak-47 I will get a shotgun and a deagle and then hunt the donator for their gun ( meaning watch them for traitorous acts if I am inno and if I'm a T.... Well.. You know what you would do.) I would then use the Ak-47 deagle combo to reek havoc on the ts ( or innos if I'm a T.)

5. Ravin

Ravin Determination VIP

No PDW?