Denied ✔ Tom Peters's Appeal

Discussion in 'TTT Ban Appeals' started by ✔ Tom Peters, Sep 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Your In Game Nickname:
    Tom Peters
    Your Steam ID:
    STEAM_0:1:407436
    Which Server:
    West
    Why you should be unbanned:
    I was banned for a 2-round RDM slay and leave, despite this being my first RDM + Leave occurrence. Ravin slayed me for one round due to me calling a KOS on someone who claimed falsely that they were proven by killing a Traitor. I personally saw the traitor that he claimed to have killed to have died from Jihad. Apparently, this is against the rules, which I was not aware of, and I personally believe that to be pretty ridiculous. If someone lies about being proven and you have evidence to prove otherwise, that should be considered traitorous. But that is another argument entirely.

Upon disputing with Ravin about this slay, he got fed up with me and added an additional RDM slay from 3 maps ago, claiming that I called an incorrect KOS on someone that attempted to push someone else off the ledge. I saw him crowbar-push another player off the edge on Rats, but the player landed into the sink and survived, hence why Ravin believed that he did NOT push anyone off the ledge, because the logs didn't show any damage. Despite not killing the player, the ill intent was there and I deemed the act traitorous. I don't know offhand if the rules state that this is NOT traitorous if the player does not take damage, but what I saw looked traitorous to me.

Either way, I would've been cool with a slay then and there, but he decided to wait 3 maps later to stack up 2 slays on me just because he disagreed with me disagreeing with the rules. At that point, I was completely fed up with TTT entirely, because I know that I was playing the game in a proper manner, as I always do, and caught someone lying red handed.

So I said screw it, give me the week ban, and took my leave. I then find out that I've been banned for something like... 6 months? Pretty ridiculous for my first case of RDM and leaving.
    Evidence of Innocence:

2. Alpha Wolfy

Alpha Wolfy Nocturnal VIP

@Ravin will respond momentarily.

Also for future reference, this is your third time of RDM & Leave so it is a 4 week/1 month ban.

3. Ravin

Ravin Determination VIP

Hello Peter, Thank you for taking time to appeal.

As you had stated, I did indeed ban you for RDM and Leave, 3rd Offense. This is your third case of RDMing and leaving on the server.

upload_2015-9-23_4-10-50.png

Even if someone lies to claim they are proven when they are not, this is considered a KoS on suspicion. As you had no proof if he was a T or not, him claiming, "I am proven because I killed that Traitor" is only suspicion. I understand you feel that way, but this is not allowed here under any of our current rules.

As a result of your false KoS, Miller was damaged.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Upon your claim about a player pushing another player. You were not slain for that player. You were slain for your False KoS again on another player here.

See edit below. I mixed up some words here my apologizes.

[​IMG]

Upon looking at the damage logs, you claimed people had been shooting at this player as well, when he only had fall damage, no other shots fired, and the player had not crowbarred pushed anyone. Your story at the time did not match up and it changed from "He pushed someone" to "He was being shot at by players". After reviewing this information, it was not valid and you were slain.

This is false. Protocol states Two cases of RDM is Two slays. This makes your second slay. I was not fed up with it. I was confirming to find my screenshots of the report you had against you before issuing a second slay. As I was able to locate it, I added the extra slay. After I explained that to you, you decided to leave. One play session of a mod is when RDM bans expire or leave. As only two maps had passed, you were given your second slay for the same thing.

The ban is only One Month and on One Server. Your ban is only localized. As you had accepted I was going to ban you, and decided to leave. I see no reason to unban you.

Is there anything else you wish to add?

I will leave this open for until 12:01am on 9/24/2015 MST.

Edit - Apologies on the second section with the Push Slay. You claimed he was pushing someone, then when I questioned you about why you KoS'd him, you said because other people had shot him and he had taken damaged from them. When I reviewed this, and your push claim, the only damage he had taken was falling damage. As I could not locate any attempts to use the Crowbar, and no other KoS's but your own, it was deemed invalid.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2015
  4. How is this my third case of RDMing and leaving the server? This is literally the only time I can recall ever doing that.

5. Ravin

Ravin Determination VIP

It appears this is not the case. The ones who banned you previously were @POPSTAR and @Salisian .

6. Alpha Wolfy

Alpha Wolfy Nocturnal VIP

In the spoiler titled "Bans" in Ravin's post, it shows that you have been banned before twice. The first one was last month on the 16th of August for five days. The second one was five days after the first and that time it was 2 weeks since it was your second time. Now we are at your third time by Ravin and this time it is now an entire month because the third offense of rdm & leave is 4 weeks.

Hope this clears things up.

7. I've literally NEVER RDM'd and left before, hence why I said "I'll take the week ban" expecting it to only be 5 days.

Furthermore, I've never even seen @POPSTAR or @Salisian at any time during my play. I've almost exclusively played on West since I started playing TTT again.

I don't know how that could come up, but I'm pretty sure there's some mistake there because I am certain I've NEVER RDM'd and left before. But you won't listen to me, because you only hail the almighty logs, despite them being wrong.

And either way, Ravin, you know that you only stacked that second slay up on me because you were pissed off that I was contesting the initial slay. It doesn't take 3 whole maps to slay someone. You'll lie and claim otherwise, but we both know why you did it.

Have a nice life.

8. Ravin

Ravin Determination VIP

[​IMG]

As expressed, you RDM'd two separate times and thus resulted in your second round of slays. RDM 1 is 1 slay, RDM 2 on a different round is 2 slays. You choose to leave. Because of this, the ban was justified.

I appreciate your time in posting this appeal, however it is now going in circles. I was hoping you would come to grasp to understand what you have done, but instead you choose to blame others instead of taking ownership of what you did.

Appeal Denied.
    Topic Locked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.